Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

The dinner table...
surrounded by family, friends and good food.


Grandpa feeding Aidan cranberries.


Aidan loved them.
Yummy!

Today was so busy and fun. We woke up around 11 AM (Aidan had another rough night) and showered and cooked the yams. Then Brian headed to his parents house to borrow a chair and Aidan and I headed to Suzie's for preparations. Gotta love Thanksgiving. You know everyone loves each other. You know everyone wants everything to be tasty and perfect. And you know there will be raised voices and arguments. I personally find it funny and entertaining, but then again, I ain't the one yelling or being yelled at. :) The meal was delicious. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, funeral potatoes, cranberries, stuffing, yams, green bean casserole, rolls, deviled eggs, olives, celery sticks with pimento cheese spread, gravy, and corn. I think that was everything. After eating and then cleaning up. Everyone just kinda hung out and visited. Everyone who came to dinner was Katie, Brian and Aidan, Bob and Virgie, Suzie, Brandi, Tim, Kristen, Charlie, and Andrew and my personal favorite guest...Daddy Kenny. Kenny is my good friend Jeremy's dad. We love spending time with both of them, but Jeremy moved to North Carolina for a spell so Aunt Suzie has been doing a good job of keeping in contact with Kenny. I love it when he comes to visit us. I think he thinks we are crazy, but we are! And Jeremy is coming home in life three weeks and his dad is over the moon excited! Some of the games that everyone played was Scrabble, bowling on the Wii (Virgie played and it was so cute!) and air hockey. That's right! Uncle Reed was able to get a hold of an air hockey table for Suzie and it is so much fun! Then we went and visited with Brian's family. I love them so much. I enjoy just visiting with them. We stopped by and visited with Grandma Wilson and chatted with the Mike Wilson family. We chatted and watched the Cardinals get there butts kicked by the Eagles. Ate pie...yummy. And then we came home. When we came home I couldn't resist. I dug out the Christmas stuff and played around all night. Before I had a family, Christmas was fun but now it is SOOO exciting. This will be Aidan's first..... So much fun. Then we went to bed. Thanks to all who helped to make Thanksgiving so fantastic! We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good day...We enjoyed our quiet one. Love the pics..Love you

Dustin and Kellie said...

We're glad you had a good Thanksgiving!