Friday, November 14, 2008

Kiddie Tag

So I was just Kiddie tagged. Come up with ten things about your child and share.

10. Aidan loves to scare me. He is constantly proving that he can be independent. he can crawl, stand, fall over and not cry, and attempt to walk.
9. I love when we wants to cuddle. He usually only wants to cuddle and its with Brian at bedtime. But sometimes I get too. I love it. I love the burrowing that he does. When I hold him and he has burrowed he giggles in his sleep. It melts my heart.
8. Uses words. He may only be nine months old. But I hate whiney babies. I know its not there fault, but it makes me want to lash out. Aidan has a few words that he can try and say. I know it's just me being the mommy that I can hear them but he does use them. When we is sad he calls for Ma Ma. When the X box is turned on Da Da. When we pull into Grandma and Grandpa's house its Pa Pa. He also says Woah. He will crawl towards something and look at me for help. I always tell him to use his words with me and he does.
7. Aidan giggles. Everything is so new to him. Everything new and different makes him giggle.
6. Aidan's thinking. When he wants to figure something out, he makes this face of squinting eyes or tilts his head or even sucks on a finger or thumb and then tries playing with it again.
5. Aidan's personality. It is just like Brian and my personality. Chill and laid back. He likes going places and visiting people and doing things. But he also likes just to be alone and play by himself.
4. Time outs. Some have told me that he is too young for time outs. I disagree. I also love that he understands them. We have this cupboard under the sink with chemicals and stuff. We can't modify them because the lease says no. So I just watch him like a hawk. He has started to crawl around the cupboard trying to will it open. Only if he sees me open it does he try to do it again. P.S. his timeouts last about 30 seconds. Long enough for him to forget about the cupboard and understand...open that cupboard and you go to the crib.
3. That he is mine. I always wanted to have a baby want me instead of anyone else. Ethan used to let me hold him and play with him but if something happened he always ran to Kellie for comfort or for praise.
2. Aidan's need to be acknowledged. Whenever he figures something out he claps. If you don't clap with him he gets mad. He wants to share his experiences with you.
1. Aidan. I waited so long to do everything that I didn't think that I would ever be a mommy. I really didn't. Sometimes it is surreal that I am a mommy. But I look at him everyday and thank Heavenly Father for letting me have all of the blessings that mothers have. Maybe that's why I don't ever want my children in day care. I don't want to miss anything. My heart is so full when I start to think of Aidan and all that he does for me. I love Aidan. He is my first born child. And will always be my angel.

I tag Megan, Kellie, Kelsie, and Erin

3 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

So beautiful. What a smart little guy he is. Thank you for tagging me.

Micah Kormylo said...

Katie, you are such a great Mom. It was such a joy to watch you interact with him. I am so glad that you too enjoy being a mother and want to stay home with him. I know alot of mothers do not have the choice to stay home and have to send their kids to daycare so they can work to pay bills. But yet there are some mothers who'd rather work then spend time with their children. It is truly sad. Babies change every minute. I don't see why anyone would choose to miss that.

Steven and Megan said...

Thanks for tagging me! Aidan is so stinking cute and smart!! We should get together and play soon