Monday, November 3, 2008

Money Money Money


So sometimes I try and be creative. Sometimes it works other times...well they are horrible disasters. I recently decided that Aidan needed a money holder. A penny bank if you will. We had this rocking cool plastic container and I decided to make it his money holder. It is of pretty decent size. Brian and I decided that once it is full he will get his own bank account. This bank account will be used for the basic necessities that a man will need. Mission money, car money, university money. It already has a good deal of pennies inside. Brian and I cleaned house on Saturday and all the coins I could find went into his container. Our loose change has become his future. How precious is that thought! He He. Aidan says to feel free to donate to the fund of adulthood when you come over.

I hope this isn't too silly of an idea. I know he is still little but any kind of cash when he is older is but a good thing, right? Any thoughts from cyberland? Let me know.

6 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

I think that it is not silly. I think it is smart, responsible and a great way to teach about money. I think that will also be a good way to introduce tithing to him when he is a tad older. I think he will thank you for it later.

Micah Kormylo said...

I agree. Not silly at all. My Grandma (my dads mom) and Micah's Parents give our kids money for birthday's and Christmas. We put it in their Piggy Banks. Not sure how much they have but we figure it is their money and we should keep it for them.

Hey. My mom, Graham and I are coming to visit Aunt Luann this weekend. Maybe since you have more free time we can see you and your handsome little guy!

Debbie Burns said...

Sounds like a great idea! Never too soon to start saving for the future. :)

Anonymous said...

I think it is great. If you have another container, start a savings account for me. Maybe I could learn some these things too!
I hope you can play this week-end wiht Lindsey and Aunt Cheri. It will be fun!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Very smart to start saving now.

Steven and Megan said...

I think it's a great idea! Good job putting it into action