Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Thoughts on Twilight

Let me begin by saying that I enjoyed the books. I thought that they were fluffy vampires and very light relaxing reading. I am used to constantly reading history textbooks so to be able to read something so nice and flowing was wonderful. I don't think that I have a team that I go for. I am neither team Jacob or team Edward. They both would be good choices for Bella. My in-laws were followers of the books years ago. And during my pregnancy I was reading everything I could get my hands on. They constantly raved about these books so I borrowed them. I think that I read three of them in a week. They were good. Not pulitzer prize winners, but good all the same.

Then I heard that they were making the book into a movie. I have never been impressed by this concept but by all means try. Then they announced who they got to play Edward. I like everyone else was baffled and confused. He didn't even look like the descriptions of Edward to me. So for a year I have been skeptical to say the least. I knew I would see the movie, more out of peer pressure than anything else.

Brian, Aidan and I, amongst many many friends and family, went and saw the midnight showing.
Honestly, the movie isn't going to be winning any academy awards but it was good. I was super impressed. Maybe my going into the movie expecting nothing helped it lived up to expectations. Robert Pattinson did well. You could almost feel the pressure he was feeling from how he portrayed the character. He is a good actor. He is still young and could learn a lot but all in all it was good. I even want to see it again! I am excited for a bigger budget and more time for Robert to figure out Edward in the second and third installments. And on a side note Kristin Stewart made me a bit nervous too, but she was also a good pick. Good job cast of Twilight! You made me a believer and follower! I know deep down they needed to hear that from me, Katie Larson. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I couldn't agree with you more Katie! It was good and I liked it more the second time. Debbie and I thought Robbert could do good by reading the books if he hasen't or re-reading them if he has. I think he was a little to serious in parts where this was his chance to be more playful. All and all I really enjoyed it:)