Tuesday, November 4, 2008

An Historic Day

As I sit here and watch the election coverage and the concession speech of John McCain I feel that, personal opinion aside, that this day has been important and historic. I hope that people realize that this is just the beginning of a much more difficult situation not only for Obama but for us as Americans. If the country wants change I struggle to see how that can be true. Obama may be the answer for many but with the Senate being so divided, not much will happen in the way of change. The best way to see change is to have both the majority of the Senate and the President in the same political party. Maybe I don't know much (which is very possible), but this is the beginning of much struggle and hardship for everyone. Hopefully Obama can bring about the change he has been talking about, but I don't see it happening. And sadly even if McCain won, I don't see that situation in a better light either.

I hope that one day Aidan will be able to realize what happened today. Many barriers have been broken today, whether it is for the better only time can tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your comments. Time will tell.

Dustin and Kellie said...

I am just afraid of his "change." And not in the normal "afraid of change" like I don't want to apply for a new job because of the possible rejection.. I don't fully understand what he wants to change. But I feel that he is not a very patriotic man. All the emails- I know these can be fabricated- say that he says things like he's never been proud of America, or that he thinks the national anthem should be "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing." A man who is so against all that America has been and is constantly talking about change.. I just fear what that change will be.