Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesdays blessings

1. I am so grateful for extended family. This week we purchased a new couch. After much drama we finally got it and tried getting it into the basement, just Brian and I. I am pretty amazing, but not even my good looks could get that couch unstuck from the stairwell. So Brian went and got his brother Matt. Probably five minutes after his arrival my couch was placed into my basement. Lovely! Thank you Matt.

2. Random phone calls from people I love. We have a pretty weird sense of humor in my family, so it was wonderful to have my mom call to ask me why I haven't called her. Love you mom!

3. Full sentences and pronouncing phrases correctly. "Mommy, I'm coming." "Mommy, my tummy is hungry." "Daddy needs to carry you, me."

4. Aidan is trying to be a big boy and use his words. As he does this, I try and correct him on his incorrect usage of terms and words. This last week Aidan made me have a realization. We are always watching Star Wars. Aidan loves it! He has recently been calling Darth Vadar a "really good guy." I tried to explain to him that, no, Darth Vadar is a bad guy. Aidan told me one day "No mommy, all good guys, I like." After thinking about his silliness, I realized that he was right. At the end, Darth Vadar does become a good guy. He proves to Luke that he is a good guy, or at least for a moment he redeems himself.

5. We love the park. There is nothing better than playing at the park and running around and having fun.

6. Whoever invented board games is the bomb! Aidan and I always play Candy Land. He loves trying to "guess" the colors and find them on the board. Silly boy!

7. I love crafts. I am grateful for the creativity that I have found. I am sure you know that by now. But the one thing about crafts that I love is the feeling of grandeur after I complete any kind of craft. Let me explain. I need decorations for the 4th of July, but most everything is tacky. I went to Hobby Lobby to try and find something cute to hang up and use as a decoration and I realized that everything for this holiday is either cheesy and ugly or expensive and not worth it. At Hobby Lobby I did find a wreath for $17.00 that I liked. But upon further pondering, I put it back on the shelf. $17.00 for that?!?! I went home and devised a plan. I bought some crafty pieces and made my own wreath, similar in style but with my own flair. My price, for ALL materials, $4.00! Word up! Who doesn't love cheaper prices!

No comments: