Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sunday recap: June 21-June 27

A quick overview of last weeks activities.

On Tuesday we headed down to St. George for a week long party. The trip down was fairly uneventful. Once we arrived we were able to visit with mom, dad, Jacob and Ezra. Ezra is growing so big and strong. That night Aidan and I went with everyone to go to dinner with Harrison, Jordan and Addison. It was a mexican food place called Peppers. Dinner was good, Brian stayed home and slept.

On Wednesday my mom and I went shopping. We went to Kid 2 Kid and Pebbles in my Pocket. Pebbles is a fantastic scrapbook store. I did in fact spend money here, but not at the kid store. Then we went home and relaxed.

On Thursday we woke up and visited for a while. We went to Olive Garden for lunch and then relaxed in the afternoon. Once it cooled down outside Brian, Aidan, my dad and I went out shooting guns. Fun stuff.

On Friday we relaxed and went to Wal-Mart. Then we returned home and waited for people to get there for the BBQ. Ryan and family came over before to visit. Then Bob and Virgie and Suzie and Reed arrived. Brandi, Tim, Charlie and Andrew came over too. And we can't forget Great Aunt Clarice. Dinner was yummy. Dad made dutch oven BBQ chicken and potatoes and for dessert we had peach cobbler. Yummy!!! Once everyone had time to eat and visit some of us finally went swimming. It was Aidan, Jake, dad and myself. Brian left so that he could go to work that night.

On Saturday we woke up early and we to see Ryan's girls (all 4!) get baptized. I cried like a baby! The baptism was spectular and the spirit was amazing. Then we all met up for a BBQ at a local park. This cool park had a splash pad. Aidan was nervous at first but them he loved it. It did help that his buddy Charlie was there to play in the water with him. Once the BBQ was over we headed back to the apartment and got ready to go swimming with Uncle Reed. We met him over at their condo. Jake, Aidan, Reed and I swam for a while and had a fun time. Then we returned home to eat some food and visit some more.

On Sunday morning Aidan and I woke up and got ready to go to church, the girls were getting confirmed. We were surprised to see that my dad was up and ready to go with us. The meeting was nice and wonderful. Grandpa Bob performed the confirmation and Uncle Reed stood in the circle with him. After the meeting we went back to relax at the apartment and then at 2PM we headed over to Brandi's new house for a BBQ to celebrate Kristen's 20th birthday! Great Scott I am getting old. I remember visiting her in the hospital just hours after being born! It was a good day for good food and relaxation. Then we went back to mom's apartment and relaxed. Later that night we went and had dinner at the fabulous Denny's restaurant. Then we went and visited with Jake.

Early Monday morning we headed out of dodge.

What a slow and relaxing week. I will say that I missed my sewing machine A LOT! But its all good.

No comments: