Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Aidan-isms

This week on vacation Aidan was full of words.

We needed to stop at a rest stop on the way down to St. George. We stopped at the one just north of Cedar City. Aidan asked me what we were doing. I said we were going to get the wiggles out. He got very excited and began to run around the grass and finally came back to me and said, "Mommy I no find the Wiggles. All gone."

On Saturday night Aidan and I went over to visit Jacob and his friend Jon. Aidan enjoyed played with these two. I ran back to my parents house to do some stuff. About 30 minutes later Jacob brought him back to my parents house because he and Jon were going to leave to get food. After about 20 minutes of being at my parents house with me Aidan asked me "Mommy I go play with Jake and boy. Fun. I go now." I said no because it was getting late. Sometime later I went to the rest room. When I came back out Aidan had opened the door and was sitting on the porch. I asked what he was doing and he responded "I go play with Jake but no find." I think the dark night sky scared him, thank goodness.

Just so that everyone knows, my parents and Jacob are virtually next door neighbors. They are separated by a large driveway and four apartment units.

Aidan loved playing with his cousin Ezra. He always wanted to hold him and give him kisses. And Ezra relished the fun attention. I think now that Aidan was so good around Ezra maybe I could be ready for another squirt.

One day we went swimming and Aidan started screaming "Zoe come play and swim" over and over again. On the ride home, Aidan wasn't as excited to get home to see his daddy as much as he was to go see Zoe. They are the very best friends.

No comments: