Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesdays blessings

1- BBQ grills
2-Good sports
3- diapers
4- ancestry/family
5- quiet drives
6- comments
7- The Atonement


More information:
1- BBQ grills mean so much to me. They mean that I have less dishes in the sink.
They mean that I am off the hook for dinner that night: Brian is the grillmaster.
They mean good food and usually good company.

2- Good sports when playing any game is important. With out them you wouldn't be
able to play games and essentially have a good time. So to all those out
there you are good sports, thank you. And to those out there that are sore losers (me), relax it's just a game! :-)

3- Diapers. I have found that with Aidan and potty training it is like Chutes and Ladders, two steps forward and five steps back, one step forward and slide all the way back to the beginning!For whatever reason Aidan no longer wants to try. I feel that he is regressing in a lot of things lately. Asking for a bottle, wanting to be held all the time, wanting to be carried everywhere, refusing to go to the bathroom. So to make sure I don't traumatize him, we will be starting over, back to
diapers we go. I am grateful for diapers always being one stop away from us, at the store.

4- With Memorial Weekend having recently come and gone, it gave me a chance to reflect on my family. I went to the cemetery to place flowers on my brother's grave, my aunt's grave and my great grandparents grave. We went with my Bob and Virgie. I so enjoying hearing stories of my ancestors. Then on Monday we were able to go and have breakfast with the Lincoln's, sans Aunt LuAnn, Brandon and Katie. I don't remember having any kind of deep conversation but it is truly wonderful to be in the presence on loved ones, just sharing the same space is awesome.

5- I have found that for my extreme emotions (very happy, very sad, very angry) two things tame my emotions. The one thing that is my favorite of the two is taking a quiet drive. I usually drive with no real purpose (though in the end I find one), relax and feel rejuvenated. Thank goodness for the mountains and good weather!

6- Nothing makes me happier than to see reader comments on my blog. I am a silly goose, but comments brighten my day.

7-The Atonement. I think that says it all. I am EXTREMELY grateful for the atonement and the knowledge that helps me wake up and start another day. I am not a perfect person, perfect mother, perfect wife, perfect daughter, etc. but through the atonement I know that I can repent, make something better, and try again without the constant reminders of utter failure. Thank you Lord for this blessing in my life!

1 comment:

Suziepackham said...

Reader Comment...... there are you happy? JUST KIDDING! I love reading your blog.... I just don't get on the computer much anymore.