Monday, March 30, 2009

Progress....

Now that I am trying to be all domesticated and such. I have been having dreams and ideas flood my mind, dreams of projects. Well last night as I was making dinner, Aidan was in my way. I know that sounds horrible, but having a little munchkin constantly standing at your heels as you prep for dinner is, well, a chore. He wanted me to hold him and show him what I was doing. That has become our new game. I don't know if he can understand me and what I am saying but he just wants to be by me and have me talk to him all the time. He usually says why or hello when I stop talking. I decipher that as why and keep talking mom....I get it. Well I have been trying to get him involved with the cooking and the craft projects that I do. If I am scrapbooking he is up to the table with me coloring on his own paper and talking to me. Doh doh doh doh doh (think Homer Simpson...in song form) is usually what he says while drawing. Well I want to get him more involved in the kitchen, because like last night, it wasn't exactly a kid friendly preparation if you know what I am saying. So I decided to try and make him an apron. It is my first one, obviously, and I tried it on him and he seemed a little confused. I think I will make a matching one for mommy and then we can rock out in the kitchen. Maybe I will make a little chef's hat too. Who knows maybe later on....

7 comments:

Jordan said...

That is so awesome!

The Handleys said...

That is so cute. My girls love to help me in the kitchen, they have sense they were little.

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. I like the idea of matching aprons. Maybe you should get him his own pots and pans. love you

cherroth said...

KATIE, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU FOR TRYING!!!
DID YOU KNOW THEY HAVE FREE CLASSES AT THE CRAFT STORES. BOTH PAINTING AND SEWING AND LITTLE TIPS ARE THE KEY TO GETTING REALLY GOOD. YOU SHOULD TRY.
LOVE YA

Suziepackham said...

good job Doodles....... it looks good.

Micah Kormylo said...

What is going on?!?!?!?!
No new posts in so long?!?!?!!?!?!

Hey, how would Wednesday work about 3:30 for the Zoo? DO you know it you can rent like a stroller at the Zoo. We wont be able to fit my double stroller in my moms car along with all our luggage.

Debbie Burns said...

That is awesome! I love that you have him so involved in what you are doing!