Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun Friday....

Last Friday Brian and I had Joe and Debbie come over for dinner and Guitar Hero. We had so much fun. I made a big pot of Taco Soup with corn muffins. Sounds like everyone enjoyed it. I love the easiness of the recipe. A little history of how I happened upon the recipe. Brian and I were on our honeymoon and we decided to have a relaxing morning. It was day four and all the other days we were going going going and getting stuff done. Well that morning we decided to relax about everything. During our time just laying around basking in the wonder of newlywed-hood, we turned on television. Sister Covey was on Channel 5's morning program discussing life with Brother Stephen Covey and she shared her family's favorite recipe...taco soup. I have since tweaked it a little bit but yummy it is all the same.

Any how....I digress.....

After visiting and having dinner we played Guitar Hero for a little while. That was fun. We only got booed off stage once...my fault totally. But I was playing with the guitar before the song started and then the song ended just that fast. We then had some dessert and and visited some more. We laughed, talked and remininesced the night away. It was fun. I am glad that the guys were okay with Debbie and I just chatting about everything and anything. I miss times like that. Good fun. We let the night get away with us and at about 1230AM decided to call it a night.

Thanks again to Joe and Debbie for playing with us.

1 comment:

Debbie Burns said...

Oh Katie, we had such a good time!!! I was sad we had to go. I kept thinking, "One more minute, just one more minute." But I guess 1230a is a good time to go to bed. Karate came so early on Saturday! Anway, for those reading, it REALLY IS great taco soup! yum! We seriously can't wait to do that again!