Tuesday, March 3, 2009

St. George Week

Feeding the ducks at the park.
Me and Aidan on the swing watching the ducks.
Aidan and the toy at the park.


Aidan loving the park and the wood chips.Aidan playing with Grandpa and his cousins.



This last week we spent time in St. George. We went down so that Brian could go to the NASCAR races in Las Vegas. I love a good race, but I didn't think that I could spend three days away from my Aidan. Crazy enough....it was the first time that I have spent away from Brian since we hooked up. That in itself was nearly traumatic. But I survived and Aidan did as well. Aidan loved spending time with his Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles and cousins. We had such an active week.

It all started on Tuesday evening when Brian and I were discussing how much we wanted it to be Thursday already. As we are discussing this topic Jordan texts me and says why can't you come down now. Well needless to say, two hectic hours later we were packed and loaded and gased up and heading south. We arrived in St. George about 1 AM. Aidan is a real trooper. He does so wonderfully on road trips. We are so blessed.


On Wednesday morning we took our time waking up and moving. We went and visited Grandma Julie at work. After that we had Jordan show us where a good park was. And she did a fabulous job. The park she picked out was a fast favorite. We played on the slide and swings and feed the ducks...the terribly forceful ducks and a huge Goose! Aidan loved the slide. After a couple of times with help he showed us how fearless he was and he started pushing himself off and going down on his own. Then we went and met with Jordan's family. What a fun family! Mom had never met Jordan's mom before so it was a first for all of us, and it was a blast.


On Thursday we waited for the Bennett's to leave and in the mean time we went shopping and watched some movies. And of course we hit the park again! Brian was able to do his man thing and relax in his own way...he painted his little mechs (little army men).


On Friday we all (Armga's, Larson's and Bennett's) went to In and Out burger and waited for Jeremy and friends to pick up Brian for Vegas. After that we went to the park to play for a bit. Then we went back to relax at the house. Because that night we had Jordan's baby shower. What a fun time! The shower was fun. Good food, games and friends. Aidan went and was a little show off and attention getter...but that would be expected with him.


Then on Saturday we woke up and went over to see Jacob tending to his horses. He and his girlfriend Courtney have horses. We went and saw all kinds of little animals. We saw Jacob's two horses, Courtney's horse Trots, pigs, goats, and sheep. Aidan was so into everything that he saw. Grandpa even put him up on Trots. Aidan was having so much fun! Then we went and relaxed for a bit...and then more shopping. Today's shopping was for scrapbooking materials. It was so much fun...I spent so much money! Then we headed back and had dinner and then Jordan and I scrapbooked. It was super fun!

Then on Sunday I made everyone wake up early and go for a drive. Every so often on mom's and Jordan's blog they post pictures of their travels off roading...so I said I want in. So Aidan, mom, dad and I loaded up his truck with chairs and lunch. Harrison and Jordan followed in his truck and we were off. We drove for a total of five hours and it was fun. We went west of Santa Clara and did a loop up and down and out to Motoqua and back into Santa Clara and back. Then we went to the store and Jordan made a killer Dutch Oven dinner. YUMMY!!! BBQ chicken and potatoes....it was so good. Then we were able to visit with Jamie Anderson, a friend from the mission field. Our visit was short and sweet and I am so grateful that we were able to visit. She is such a funny girl. I love her! Then Brandi and family came over with Ryan and family (Ryan and family moved out that weekend from IL). Jamie quickly made her exit and I was able to visit with family. I am so excited that they are out here. Ryan used to be my favoritest cousin (before we grew up) and it was so good to visit with him and his family. Then off to bed....


On Monday we went to lunch and visited with Grandma at work and then we waited for Brian to come. We tried to relax and prepare for our trip home.


I had such a relaxing week! I don't have all the photos that I would want because they are scattered around on so many different cameras. So soon I will do a slide show to show everyone.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

Best week ever. I am so glad you guys came down. I cant wait til you get here in June! Its going to be another freaking blast. And you should really consider ditching Brian again for a week to stay here and take care of me while I recover.

Steven and Megan said...

How fun! I'm jealous that you got a dutch oven dinner! Oh and I love the picture of you and Aidan in the swing. I hope Brian enjoyed the race!

Dustin and Kellie said...

What?! Ryan and Amy live in UTAH?! No one told me?!

KatieLarson said...

Ryan and Amy and family live in Hurricane/St. George as of Sunday. I found out on Tuesday of last week. But next time you go down you should get together with them.