Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend at a glance

This weekend has been so nice and chill...I love those weekends. Yesterday we all woke up and went to Lowe's to look at home improvement stuff. I hate that store! I only hate it because it makes me covet a house of my own more. It makes me want to paint, update and improve upon a house that isn't mine yet. One we haven't yet found. Brian did find two matching lamps to go on our nightstands. They are so nice looking. Given time when we have a painted, decorated bedroom they will look magnificent. I did enjoy being at the store with Suzie. She is willing to be the money person to all of the fun things that I plan on doing. We both want to plant a garden. I have never done this on my own, so with Suzie's help we should be about to do it nicely. She also purchased some lattice to help protect the basement stairwell from Aidan's curious self. It is the really nice plastic lattice. Brian and I put it up with ease. We finished about 9PM by the porch lights beams. It made me remember all of those fun projects that I would help dad out with in the wee hours of the night....man I want a garage. That garage that is mostly used for a workshop and not for cars. Where one can tinker around in for hours creating and designing and completing projects. Ahhhhhhh. Soon Katie soon. Then today we woke up and went to church. This is an amazing feat for us lately because we have been sleeping in the last little while. Yeah....sad huh....especially because our church is at 1PM! Sometimes that nocturnalness of both Brian and I really show huh. The crazy part is that Aidan can hold his own with our hours. Actually this sounds horrible but it is Aidan's fault that we stay up so late. If he would show signs of sleepiness we would end all projects and activities and sleep. Same goes for the sleeping in part. Aidan normally sleeps 12-15 hours straight with naps in the middle. Ahhhh...what a crazy disfunctional family we are compared to the rest of the world. After church we watched the Bristol race. I have to say....Kyle Busch makes me crazy....I can't stand the kid. Then I made dinner...fetticini alfredo with baked chicken. Yummy! Then we watched Twilight and Max Payne. I scrapbooked during both movies. What a relaxing boring weekend. I can't wait to plant our veggie garden and paint the house. Silly I know....but so excited.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Sounds like a really fun, relaxing weekend!!