Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesdays blessings

1. A solid commitment between Brian and I in our marriage.
2. My cute husband that tickles my back on demand.
3. My grandparents who are always willing to watch Aidan so I can have a moment to myself.
4. Prepackaged frosting in a tube. Why did it take me so long to find you?
5. Aidan and he attempts to learn the English language.
6. Craft websites. They are my new obsession/love.
7. Free places to go and visit.


More indepth...
1. The more I realize it the more I realize that I am blessed with a wonderful partner who helps to complement me (and hopefully I complement him). We are fully aware that our marriage is a bond, a contract, a commitment between the two of us to work hard, learn from our own mistakes as with our parents and make strong, healthy, happy, solid marriage work. I have oft times this week been brought to the understanding that it is important to have this kind of agreement between two people, it helps with the concept of marriage.
2. Doesn't need much explanation, he is just good at it and I love it!
3. I have been toying with the idea of finding part time employment, in addition to my barely there employment at the day care. Why? I enjoy spending money and going on trips. And Aidan is at an age where he no longer needs me 24/7. Bob and Virgie said that they would support me on this. They enjoy Aidan's company and he theirs. So I am grateful that they are willing to babysit so I can make money so that we can spend it.
4. I have been enjoying the beauty and simplicity of the cupcake. Little bite-sized morsels of sweet goodness. We aren't cake eaters in this house but there is something so fun about a cupcake. Recently I bought some prepackaged frosting in tube. I have never bought this before because it is cheaper to make it at home or buy a can of frosting. This frosting in a tube is designed for the decorating aspect of cupcakes/cookies and it is so delicious. It dries fast and makes for an entertaining activity. Aidan always gives me ideas of what to "color" on the cupcakes, they never turn out "cute", but the fun we have doing it makes it all worth while.
5. Aidan is all about talking lately. He is learning to put multiple words together and make phrases. His new phrase that makes me giggle is "how 'bout I carry you?" Which, sadly, translates to "how 'bout you carry me?" He is reversing his pronouns and I enjoy listening to it. Yesterday I decided to let him know that he was saying it wrong. This started a mini-debate between the mother and the two year old on when to say "you" and when to say "me." Needless to say I declared Aidan the winner; I got myself so confused I threw in the towel. I would still like to see him try and carry me. :)
6.There are so many other wanna be crafty people out there and they all have blogs to share their talents. I love it. Don't be surprised when everything I give away is homemade or refurbished. Love these sites. Here are a few for you to check out.

littlebirdiesecrets.com
makeit-loveit.com
jackiethejunkjunkie.blogspot.com
lemontreecreations.blogspot.com
cuteasafox.blogspot.com

7. Clark planetarium, local parks, local libraries, Hill Aerospace Museum, etc. These places are our friends and we love to frequent them. They are lifesavers when we need to get out and are broke!

2 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

1. I love what you said about marriage :)
2. I wish Steven would tickle my back on demand...
Zoe now loves having her feet and back tickled by
me. Maybe I can get her to tickle mine haha
3. I love cupcakes!
4. It is so fun to see our children grow and funny to
hear all the cute things they say
5. I love crafts. I will have to check out those websites
6. Free things/places are great! We love going to
"space" with you guys

Debbie Burns said...

Katie, this is beautiful. Thank you for continuing to inspire me. I love yoU!