Sunday, May 23, 2010

New idea for blogging...

In the recent past I have been told by different individuals that they are disappointed when I don't post often enough. I am sorry to have disappointed. I don't understand why I don't more either. Maybe it is lack of material because I usually post on Facebook daily. So I have given a lot of thought to these comments and believe I have come up with a solution. I purpose the following...

Recap Sundays
Molly Mormon Mondays
Book Review Tuesdays
Thankful Wednesdays
Nostalgia Thursdays
Movie Review Fridays
Aidan-isms Saturdays

Quarterly updates on different crafting projects.
Normal random posts will continue as normal.

More information concerning the above mentioned days/posts...

Sundays. A basic quick recap of things that have happened throughout the week. Some weeks will be reviews of blogs posted throughout that specific and other weeks; my chance to catch up.

Mondays. I am finding myself becoming more...what's the word. Mormon-y. Marthy Stewart-y. I enjoy doing things that I would have never pictured myself enjoying 5 or 10 years ago. This day will be my day to share recipes, craft ideas, spiritual thoughts, spiritual insights, information on food storage, emergency kits, gardening, decorating (trying to get into this one) etc. all of my current interests. These topics I have been trying to research and learn more about. So as I increase my knowledge (though it may be small), I will share with you.

Tuesdays. Because I am mostly an at-home-mom I find myself having extra time, during nap time and similar times, to do a lot of reading. I am becoming my mother. I love reading. And I find that I am pretty fast at it (depending on the type of book). It is not longer "hard" to finish at least 3 books a week. Crazy huh! The other fantastic part is that I live about two blocks from the library so it is easy to rotate books and topics of books. Hopefully, my "taste" will be worth reading for you, that or at least the review of the books.

Wednesdays. Speaking of books I just read a book called "Thursdays at 8" by Debbie Macomber (this will be my first book review), but one of the characters shares her blessings/ things she is grateful for in her journal. I may not go into detail about these things but I will share my 7 blessings/ things I am grateful for weekly.

Thursdays. Nostalgia. Who doesn't love a good dose of nostalgia? This will be my day of reflection. My day for telling stories of my past, sharing photos, etc. etc.

Fridays. Movie review day. Brian and I met at a movie theater. Between the both of us we have 20 years theater time under our belts, so movies are important to us. We are always watching movies. This is the day I will give you my two cents about them. I leave this day open for old and new, action and comedy, color and black/white features, anything could be reviewed. Reader beware. :)

Saturdays. This is the day that I share with everyone the crazy things that my Aidan says. Now that he is finding his voice and personality, it usually puts a smile on face. I will share these words with you.

I was trying to share monthly, some of my crafting projects. I am finding that both daunting and boring. I think sharing them and reviewing them quarterly will be more appropriate.

I am a blog stalker and as such I enjoy the notifications that tell me something new was posted by so and so. I hope to become your new excitement. I do not think that this should be too crazy and overwhelming. I am frequently able to update my Facebook status why can't I add more to my blog. Especially knowing that this blog works as a journal. Hopefully I will stay motivate and intriguing to my readers.

2 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

I like this plan! I can't ever think of anything interesting to put on my blog so it's always pics of my kids. (nice for me but boring for everyone else) Maybe one day I can be more creative like you :)

Debbie Burns said...

I love this idea and can't wait to read more! Katie, I love you!