Friday, May 21, 2010

Aidan's first sickly doctors visit


Even though he loves to pose and smile
for the camera I promise he was acting sick!

The night of May 7th I got very little sleep. My sweet heart was sick. Yes sick. Aidan has had the sniffles before but that night was different. There was throw up, there was a slight fever, there was crying, there was icky all over him. When I woke up on Saturday, exhausted, I called my mom. She being the best Dr. Mom ever, basically told me I should do what I thought was best. Let him chill at home or take him to the doctor. I pondered, I stewed. Finally at 2PM I decided to just take him to the doctor. All of his teeth are in (most of them all the way) so I can't blame teething anymore.

At the doctor's office he acts mellow. Investigates all the toys and acts like a normal little shy boy, so not my Aidan. I think the nurse at the check in station thought I was crazy bringing him to the doctors office. She kept saying he was acting good. I almost left thinking maybe I was crazy. We get into the exam room and the doctor checks him out and the verdict is eczema, a virus and an ear infection. I had mixed emotions as we left the clinic. Happy that I wasn't crazy and there was a reason why my Aidan was acting strange, and sad because I am a nerd and first felt happy that my son was sick. Weirdo! But I think a little bit of mommy vindication was okay.

Aidan was such a good boy at the clinic. He was so brave and obeyed the doctor. I was worried he was going to be scared but instead he approached everything cautiously and did fantastic.

1 comment:

Suziepackham said...

i hope he feels better