Sunday, May 2, 2010

Thoughts

Do you ever have one of those days where it was just awesome? Maybe you won the lottery or found your missing keys. Maybe you saw something so amazing you just had to share it with someone. Or maybe you were so proud of your child you just had to tell someone. Or maybe you made a list of goals/things to be done and it got completed? Maybe you just need to feel someones love or spirit in a close proximity to you? Have you ever had this day? Did you run home and share the story with your loved one (husband/wife, child, grandparent, aunt/uncle, best friend, co-worker, brother/sister)? I often have these days. But today is a different day. Normally my go to person is Brian. He is always a good listener/problem solver. He gets excited/sad/irritated/frustrated/annoyed with me. But sadly today he wasn't/isn't good enough. Sorry, honey, but its true.

I have had the wonderful opportunity of spending all week with my dad. Together we have gotten a lot accomplished. This week was chucked full of chores, activities, fun, and projects. I have been able to spend time with my mom. Just being in her presence makes me happy. I can watch her read a book and its wonderful. I have played with Grandpa and Grandma. I have visited with Suzie and the Lincoln's. But something hasn't felt right.

Tonight is one of those nights where I wish I could call up my sister and have a good long chat. I would like to share my adventures of this last week, send her a recipe I found that she would LOVE, ask advice on potty training Aidan (it will happen this week!), share a secret, show her my latest craft project and even plan a lunch date/play date with the children.

"The Lord doesn't put us through this test just to give us a grade; he does it because the process will change us." Henry B. Eyring (Stolen from Uncle Ivan)

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

Hopefully, one day this trial shall pass and I will be able to share all this things with my sister. Hopefully.

2 comments:

Suziepackham said...

yes, hopefully one day you will be able to have a relationship with your sister again. I am very fortunate to be so close to your mom that we were able to share this week by ourselves. Everyone I told about our trip were a bit jealous because they have never taken vacations with their sisters, or don't get along well enough to be able to do it at all. There was a good long time where your mom and I didn't get along well enough or have the desire to do things together so there is still some hope for you and your sister. I love you.....

Debbie Burns said...

Sweet girl I know EXACTLY what you mean. I love you so much and my little heart aches for you and your desire to have your sister as your friend. Thank you for sharing the quote and scripture at the end. I needed it. Love you, sweet Katie. Tons and tons!