Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday was our anniversary. Three years! Wow! I can't believe it! It isn't much but so much has happened in our young married life.
Yesterday was quiet and quite perfect. Brian got home from work and surprised me with beautiful flowers (roses from Brian and tulips picked by Aidan) and letting me sleep in. He and Aidan played some video games until I woke up. When I work up, Brian laid down for a "nap." He slept for about 5 hours while I played with Aidan, played on the internet, and worked on some craft projects. At 4pm I started making dinner. We both love chili verde and so instead of spending money, I decided to make it. While making the chili verde I experimented and made homemade tortillas. Why haven't I ever done this before? They were so good, so easy and so much better than buying them pre-made in the store. I will continue to make them from scratch, seriously that easy! Then as the dough was resting and the chili verde was simmering I got in the shower. At this time Brian took Aidan to his parents house. When he returned home was ate dinner and enjoyed a good movie, Sherlock Holmes. Love it! So good! Highly recommended, but then again I figured I would enjoy it; Brian and I love Guy Ritchie. Snatch is hilarious! Then Brian went and picked up Aidan while I did the dishes. When they returned home, we got caught up on our T.V. recordings. We love House, Chuck, Holmes on Homes and Income Property; but we often can't watch them right away. Last night we watched Chuck, Holmes on Homes and House. What a fantastic night! We stayed up until about 2AM which for me is really late. Recently I put Aidan on a pretty set schedule and in the process put myself on a schedule. Aidan is asleep in bed by about 11PM and I am usually asleep by midnight, so 2AM was late.

As always all the pictures (but those of the flowers) were taken by Google pictures.

1 comment:

Steven and Megan said...

Sounds like a great anniversary :) Happy three years! I love homemade tortillas!