Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nearly done....what a weekend!

Before I start saying anything or recounting anything I want to be sure and let some people know how much I appreciate them for everything that they have done for the Larson family this last little while. We have been blessed with some amazing family and friends. You can always be reminded of how much you are loved if people come and help you move. No one enjoys moving. And no one enjoys being asked to help someone else move. The following people have been life savers! Matthew and Courtney. Steven, Megan, Zoe, and Lincoln. Then we have Stephanie and Amy. Suzie and Bob and Virgie. Harrison, Jordan and and little Armga.

I really don't know where to start. This weekend was our moving weekend. We have been slowly moving over as many boxes and other little things as often as possible. We have been doing this for the last two weeks. A good portion of random boxes where already done before the weekend started. I was trying my hardest to make it so that this weekend could be productive without being so tiring. I hope it worked. We decided to do a load on Thursday evening. We had bought carpet and it needed to be placed in our room. Then we brought over some boxes. Then on Friday after Brian got home from work we started taking over more random items. I always knew we owned stuff...just not that much stuff. I keep rationalizing that a household requires a lot of stuff...but I just want to get rid of a bunch stuff. Silly I know, but still a thought. The McFadden's came over and helped and then so did Matt and Courtney. I am so grateful for them doing that. During all this I realized just how weird I can be...see earlier blog.

Then after a long night of doing that stuff we returned to our apartment to finish getting stuff ready for Saturday morning and the final haul. I woke up Saturday morning about 730. I got in the shower and got Aidan ready for the day. All the while I am trying to wake up my seriously exhausted husband up. People were coming over at 930 and at 9 he still wasn't awake. Well I got so mad because we had sooo much to do that I began to scurry around the house. I was frustrated and mad and ....ouch! What the.....! In the middle of all of my anger I didn't realize that a weight had been put in my way of travel and I with barefoot ran into. I heard a crack, as did my sleeping husband for he woke up to what had happened. I held my breath and then I stood up tall and tried to stretch out my toes to help it relax. I heard another crack as something was horribly wrong. At this point I say a dirty word and hobble over to sit down. Just a stubbed toe I conclude and hold my breath and grab a hold of it and yank on my toe...the one that is already swelling. I hear another crack and this one is so painful that I instantly realize it wasn't jammed or stubbed, but broken and I am yanking on it! My entire foot hurts like hell at this point and I am near tears. Needless to say....I was completely and totally useless on my moving day. So thank you to those who came and worked hard. I feel really bad that I didn't help on my moving day but I hope everyone understands. Stairs suck! And everything has stairs, our apartment, Suzie's house.

Because of my amazing friends and family and especially Brian. Everything is now officially out of the apartment. Our new family sleeping and relaxing area (everything we need is in an area about 400 square feet) is a disaster but it is slowly becoming livable.

My right foot or toe (the one next to the pinky toe) is currently purple and slightly bent at the top (distorted and everything). The top of my foot is bruised and blue with hints of yellow. It is shaped into a upside down triangle and covers about 3/4 of the top of my foot. I would take a picture but the camera is away from me and I can't bring myself to hobble around and find it.

In other news Aidan is still transitioning. He is slightly distracted because of all the activities happening today. But aside from the fact that he hates his new bath tub...he will be fine.

2 comments:

Don Woods said...

Wow what a move. I know I'm not looking forward to when we move to a new place. I keep saying we should just save every penny and hire a moving company. But the reality is that it would cost far to much and we will just do it the ole fashioned way. But sorry I was not there to help. But don't blame me for saying I am glad I wasn't there.... I'm glad you got all moved in. Say hi to everyone for me..

Steven and Megan said...

Oh Katie I'm sorry about your toe!!! I hate moving too but at least you can stay put for a wee bit! I hope Aidan will learn to love his new tub :)