Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary




So for an absolutely fantastic picture of my grandparents you should check out my sister's blog. My Bob and Virgie have been married for 58 years today. They were married in Idaho in 1951. Grandpa was almost 21 and Grandma had just turned 18. They dated for about 6 months and got married. As the story goes when Grandpa asked Great Grandpa Whitesides' permission to marry Grandma he responded...yes, just get her out of those jeans. Well 58 years later....as the joke goes....she is still wearing those jeans. But now instead of it being taboo for a young lady to wear jeans, everyone wears jeans.

I am so blessed to call these people my grandparents. They have and do so much for me and my family. I don't think that our little world could function without them. They help keep the Larson family a well oiled machine. Thanks to them for everything. I still can't believe it....58 years! Well Brian and I are almost to our 2nd anniversary. I hope that one day we can celebrate such a milestone. I love you Bob and Virgie!

1 comment:

Dustin and Kellie said...

Grandma is quiet the trend setter! Go Grandma! I think grandpa is the cutest man alive, with Dustins dad a very close second.