Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Aidan and I have been watching the coverage on television. I was unable to give it my undivided attention. Aidan was in need of his own attention. As I stated before in an earlier blog, only time can tell what good can be done. Only time can tell if all of the hoopala and talk will result in something that can live up to the hype.

I don't remember ever being able to watch an inauguration so this one was a totally new experience for me. I am without words for what I am seeing and hearing. I am just lost in the event. Michelle is wearing and beautiful yellow dress. As I watch her she is very pretty. I just don't understand why her dress isn't longer. That is just a personal preference. Such long legs. I am always more comfortable is dresses that go mid-calf. I am curious if it would be just as pretty as it is now. OH! how my mind wanders and stays stuck on such silly details.

In my brief conclusion I would just like to say I am just as hopeful as the next citizen that our new President can do good. President Obama you are in my prayers and I hope that you are able to do what you have said that you would. I hope that because you are now in charge of my beloved nation and its citizens that the populations spirits can stay positive and hopeful. I hope that the tides of changes are coming soon and not at the expense of future generations.

2 comments:

Micah Kormylo said...

Can you believe how long the the coverage was?!?!

I too am very hopeful that he can fulfill all his promises and get our country out of all the problems it's been in.

Debbie Burns said...

Impressive blog. I am moved by your words and add my hope and prayers to yours.