Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Night Date

Because it was needed and because it is now a goal for 2009, Brian and I had our first date of the year. I was very excited for this opportunity. It was not just that we went out, we do that often. It wasn't just dinner, I eat that every night. Part of our goal for 2009 was to go out on two dates a month. Sounds easy right? We have noticed that we just get too boring and then hate it after wards. Takeout and a rental movie is fun, but it should not count as the only kind of dates that we go on. So this year we decided to change that and this is how.

Brian was able to find a babysitter for Aidan (thanks Grandma Pat!). And then we talked about what we wanted to do. We still have a boring streak in us but being our first date of '09 we decided to got slow. I made sure that I spiced it up for Brian...I did my hair. I don't do it very often anymore. I am such a slacker. But my hair goes to my waist and can take up to 90 minutes just to make it presentable. I have talked it over with Brian and he does not think that I will be happy if I cut it, so for now I will just make due with the 90 minute hair style. But back to the story. We had a nice quant dinner at Olive Garden. I never appreciated a quiet relaxing dinner until I quit having them. After a brief 45 minutes of dinner Brian and I retired to our house to get some last minute moving stuff done. And then his mom brought Aidan home around ten. We still have a lot to learn about dating...but as far as I am concerned tonight was fabulous.

2 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

I'm glad you guys got to go on a date! I think its important for couples. If you ever want to do a double date, Steve and I would be willing to go!

Micah Kormylo said...

Good for you guys! It's hard to go out and attempt a actual date when you don't have the money and when all you do is think about your baby while you're away. But it'll get better.