Sunday, January 11, 2009

Mickey, Kate and Tom!

Call me silly. Brian and I are movie and entertainment people. We watch the awards shows as often as allowed. Tonight we watched the Golden Globes and I enjoyed them. I agreed with many of the choices. I usually get upset at silly parts or ridiculous choices for winners. But Kate Winslet won two awards. She is always nominated for everything she does and never wins. It is looking like this year will be different for her. The winner for best actor was Mickey Rourke. Not much to say because I haven't seen the movie but...good for him. He is always critically acclaimed but always ignored because he is nothing even close to leading man material (charasmatic, attractive...etc). All he really has is acting talent. I wish in the industry that was all that it took. But look at Sean Penn, Don Cheadle and others. You need to be everything or more of the superficial to get awards. So in a nut shell. Just my own little congrats to Mickey Rourke and Kate Winslet. It makes me excited to actually with Oscars.

One major upset. One that I would have never agreed with in years past. Tom Cruise was nominated for his supporting role in Tropic Thunder. It was the funniest thing that I have ever seen in my life...especially for Tom Cruise. He actually pulled it off. Sorry Tom. Maybe next year Ben Stiller will write, produce, director and cast another movie and allow you to be involved and you can get good reviews again. Hmmmm....here's to hoping for you!

1 comment:

Don Woods said...

Mickey Rourke hands down deserved it. He was amazing in that movie. Just real it was a real movie. It is amazing second best one of the year after Slumdog Millionaire.