Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Temple Square Lights

Tonight was so much fun! The Larson's decided a couple of weeks ago to get together and ride the FrontRunner ( the new train) into Salt Lake and go look at the lights around Temple Square. So Brian and I decided to go. We didn't ride the train (too expensive and too big of a hassle with the stroller). But we met Ann at the JSMB (Joseph Smith Memorial Building) and visited until the others arrived via Trax. Then we headed out into the chilly night for a night of lights and music. I love Temple Square. I especially love that it wasn't too cold for Aidan and it wasn't super crowded like it normally is this time of year. The only down side was that it was activity night for the YW/YM. Lots of energetic little teenagers.

This is me trying to take pictures with my silly camera. I tried to take them like how Don Woods does, but I can't. At least not with my silly camera. Dear Santa, I want a digital SLR with lots of lenses. ;)

The beautiful Temple. Brian has agreed to let me take him in there sometime soon. Always a beautiful building.

Then after our little jaunt around the temple grounds we all took Trax to the Gateway Shopping Area and had dinner. Applebee's. I love the oriental chicken salad. Yummy.

I enjoyed every minute of the night. Being with my in-laws is such a blessing. I love them so much. Aidan was such a good boy. I put him in his Ralphie Coat, which he hates! I call it the Ralphie Coat because it reminds me of the little boy in A Christmas Story when he gets all bundled up for school and then the bullies tip him over and he can't get up.... and he shouts "Ralphie! Ralphie, I can't get up!" This coat is so big that when Aidan loses his balance and tips over he can't get back up. I can see him screaming for Ralphie every time he falls. I laugh so hard every time. If you don't understand what I am taking about I highly recommend watching the movie this Christmas. TBS runs a marathon of it all day the 24th and 25th.

2 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

Yay for the lights at temple square. I can't wait to go! Glad you had fun.

Don Woods said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun. I liked your pics they turned out good. The one of the temple rocks....Funny I want the same thing from Santa.