Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Get To Know You

Tag: Christmas edition of getting to know your friends
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a scrooge!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into a new post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Remember.. 'Tis the season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I don't mind unwrapping presents but I hate to do the wrapping. I need to prepare myself for weeks to do such a task. I think its the tape issue. :)
2. Real tree or artificial? Love real trees, hate the falling needles. My mother tortured me with her need to vacuum them up every 12 seconds...I swear it! But artificial is nice.
3. When do you put up the tree? This year I wanted to do it the week before Halloween, but Brian said no. I promised to do it the day after Thanksgiving and never beg for another date ever again.
4. When do you take the tree down? Christmas day afternoon. Enough is enough.
5. Do you like Eggnog? The one time I tried it I gagged. So no, I am not a big fan.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Don't know if you could call it my favorite, but it is the one that I learned the most from. My mini boom box. A couple of months before Christmas I found a receipt and knew it was mine. Why be good anymore? Well on Christmas morning it wasn't there. Apparently it was purchased for me but was returned. I instead received a wonderfully functional infants radio. I cried all day. Just before bed, my parents took me to there room and had a little talk with me about surprises, Christmas, and thankfulness. I will never forget that Christmas....and I did get the boom box.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? My mom is letting me borrow hers. Probably the most coveted Nativity Scene I have ever seen. I have wanted it for years. And it is beautifully placed in my house, usually all year round.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Brian, he buys what he wants and his birthday is one month before Christmas
9. Easiest person to buy for? This year Aidan, my sweet Aidan. But usually Grandpa Bob
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I enjoy both. I have never done either. But I like the idea of blog cards
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly can't think of anything.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? The cartoon, Boris Karloff version of Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas followed by It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year March. I am all done shopping! I was nervous because I knew that I would be quitting my job in October and wanted to make sure that everyone got presents.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.
15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Oh this list is endless. Cheesballs and crackers at the Lincoln's. Mom's Zucchini Bread, Oranges on Christmas Morning. Chocolate. Sticky Chex mix.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Anything on the first Harry Connick Jr. Christmas album...definatly It must have been ol' Santa
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Depends on what everyone else is doing. This year a little of both
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and of course Rudolph
20. Angel on top of the tree or star? Santa hat
21.Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? One on Christmas Eve the rest Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People are absolutely horrible while shopping. They lose all concept of courtesy and necessity. Do we really need to trample people to death to save $10 on a toy?
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I don't know. I think that they are all pretty.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I feel as though Christmas dinner doesn't exist. Usually we have a brunch and munch on crap all day long. On Christmas Eve dinner is usually a big ham.
25. What do you want for Christmas this? A big happy get together at both Suzie's and Bruce's sound like a blast.
26. Who are you going to tag for this Christmas questionaire? All who read it!!!

2 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

I got this in an e-mail and i actually did it!! So i won't be doing it again on the blog but I liked reading yours!!

Micah Kormylo said...

Hey. I am supposed ask you where you are your family are staying when you get up here. My brother has one spare bedroom. You and Brian or your parents are welcome to it. Also you are welcome to crash on my floor. My house is small but we can make it work. I am not sure if you guys already had plans, so these are just some options.

Also I have a Travel Bed that you can borrow (if you need one). I know traveling with baby stuff can take up most of the room in a car. Also, my mom has 2 high chairs and plenty of toys, so you shouldn't need to bring much. I can't wait for you to come!!! And our boys can play together. Especially Graham now since he is a little more mobile. What day will you come up and what day will you be going home?