Monday, December 29, 2008

My version of the last week...

This last week has been busy busy and crazy. It is finally winding down so I thought I would take a minute a let everyone know what we did. Where to start...

Sunday 21st. We had a Christmas party at Suzie's house. We were able to eat and visit with family. We made some Broccoli Cheese soup and Creamy Potato soup and we ate them in a bread bowl. The best part of this party was being able to see the extended family that we don't see very often. People in attendance were Dave and Debbie Gast, Dickie and Meredith Martinez, Bob and Virgie, The Reed Arnold Family, The Brian Larson Family, Suzie (obviously...it was her house) and Courtney and Scott. It had been a very long time since I was able to visit with this extended family and I am glad that I did. It was so much fun. I love family and being able to share with them.

Monday 22nd. Aidan and I went and did some very last minute shopping for Brian. Then we had lunch with Jen and Judd Gardner. We ate at the Cafe Rio. Yum! Some of these may be repetitous accounts of events but some are from the POV of Aidan and some are from my POV. (POV...point of view). Then we returned home and attempted to begin cleaning the house.

Tuesday 23rd. Continued to clean and get ready for the holiday. At 530 PM we headed over to Aunt Suzie's house to anxiously await the arrival of Aunt Jordan and Uncle Harrison. Aidan was on pins and needles all day long because he was so excited (okay I was excited but Aidan felt my excitement). When they finally arrived it was such a relief. We hurried and finished getting Suzie's house ready for guests. Brian attempted to fix the futon. But it has seen its last moments as a bed. We had Wendy's for dinner. I used to live off of fast food, but since I started cooking on a more regular basis nothing is better than my food. Fast food has lost its appeal.

Wednesday 24th. Harrison and Jordan came over to help me haul stuff out to the car for Christmas. I was able to finish some of my baking. Then we waited at Suzie's anxiously for the arrival of Mike and Julie (my parents). And for everyone else to get off of work. That night we had Taco Soup with some of the leftover bread bowls. We were so excited to be able to meet up with everyone, especially the Bennett's, and do a quick gift exchange for the children. Aidan loved it. Not so much the gifts but the excitement of everything around him. Maren got a baby and a stroller from Jordan and Harrison. For those of you that know my son, he loves little strollers. Maren loves them too and hates how Aidan chases after her to play with the stroller too. Maren kept giving Aidan a look and saying "No, wait" over and over again. Absolutely priceless.

Later that evening we went with the Larson clan and looked at the lights in the Ogden Park and Layton Park. This is a Larson family tradition that I think that we have adopted. Aidan loved everything about it.

Christmas Morning the 25th. We woke up beyond early. This was planned. Up at 530 AM to shower and get ready for the morning. We then headed over to Grandpa and Grandma Larson's house. We did this because Jeff works graveyards and was just getting off and needing to go to bed. We opened presents at the their house and then went and visited Grandma Wilson for a brief moment. Exchanged gifts with her. Then we left for Aunt Suzie's house. All the Larson's came over except for Courtney and Matt (they went with her family). Everyone was awake and waiting for us. Mom and Dad and Suzie were busy in the kitchen preparing breakfast. It was so good. We had hashbrowns, bacon, sausage, eggs, toast and a variety of yummy veggies to add to your eggs if you wanted. It was so good. Thanks to them for taking the time to do that for us. Then we opened presents. What an adventure. I was I would have taken a picture! A good portion of Suzie's living room was presents waiting to be opened. That took quiet a long time. Towards the end Aidan was so confused, that we had Jordan open them for him and he played with each one. It was a very busy morning. Then we went home and relaxed, everyone needed a nap. Then we dropped off a lasagna for those at Suzie's house and we headed over to dinner at the Larson's and visited with them. The original plan was to have dinner and play a game but everyone was so exhausted and nice relaxing dinner was all that we could handle. What a busy lovely day!

Friday the 26th. We woke up and went and had breakfast at the Star. Later in the day we all went shopping. If you are willing to brave the day after Christmas the sales are wonderful! I found some more clothes for Aidan...he didn't need them but the prices were so amazing I couldn't resist. But that didn't even matter cause I didn't end up buying them. Thanks mom and dad! I was able to get a Broncos hoodie for Aidan for 5 dollars! Wow! And a Star Wars shirt for 3 dollars. Too cute.

Then for dinner we were able to get a hold of Mike Hughes and he hooked us up with a good price for pizza. Thanks Mike dinner was yummy! He manages a Little Caesars Pizza joint.

Saturday the 27th. We ate lunch at Burger Bar and then headed out to Smith and Edwards...the country boy store. We wandered around for a while and found some fun stuff. Brian really wanted a machete but sometimes the wife has to lay down the law. Seriously...what in the world do we need a machete for? Silly daddy! When that was over with I took Brian home to get ready for a wedding reception and for some down time of his own. My mom and Suzie watched Aidan so that I could go out to Costco with my dad. After purchasing cheap chicken, I ran home with Aidan to get us ready to go. The reception was for one of Brian's best friends little sister. Best friend in high school. They hadn't seen each other in about three years. Jacob is married now and so is Brian. They got to meet me and Aidan. Aidan like always put on a charm and visited with everyone at the reception. Brian's family came with us. Aunt Lorraine was a bridesmaid. Everyone was able to hold Aidan and show he around to all of their friends. I was great fun for all. Then we went and ate Taco Maker for dinner. Enjoyable. Then my parents babysat so we could go to Wal-Mart and spend some money. We bought ourselves the new Diamond edition of Scrabble. I love that game. Then we visited with Suzie and my parents for just a little bit and then headed home. It was at this time that we got hit by a car. We were stopped at a street light. And the car behind us was stopped as well. And then the car behind us just jumped, like he popped the clutch. All that happened was some scratched paint on our car, no harm done. But Aidan had been asleep and had a rude awakening. A cop pulled up behind us and asked us to pull into Famous Dave's parking lot to exchange information. Thank goodness that Brian was there to do all the paper work (I was driving and probably should have been doing it but I was trying to calm Aidan down). Aidan was just startled and confused, he was fine, just wanted mommy. The officer seemed to understand. What a ridiculous situation. What a way to end the night.

Sunday the 28th. We stayed home and tried to relax. We started picking up the house again after a crazy week of toys and food and excitement. We did go and visit Grandma Wilson and the Larson's. I made Fetticini Chicken Alfredo for them and Brian took Aidan back over to there house to watch the Broncos game. I had so much to catch up on. I needed a moment. That's why I was able to do so many entries last night on the blog.

What a crazy busy week! And to top it all off I think that Aidan is trying to cut 5 more teeth. I can see the buds and he wraths with pain at night. Hopefully they will come soon!

One of the other plans that we had for this weekend that didn't work out was a trip to Boise. My dad was very sad and depressed by the fact that we wouldn't let him go. It didn't feel like a good idea. I-84 was closed due to the heavy snowing conditions throughout the holidays. My poor dad! All he wanted for Christmas was to visit with his brothers and sisters and we wouldn't let him. Hopefully one day he will forgive us. Sorry dad.

1 comment:

Dustin and Kellie said...

Wow! Busy is right! I'm glad everyone is ok after your accident! That is scary no matter how minor!