Saturday, August 22, 2009

Washington DC trip Day 10

Sorry again...no pictures.

Today we woke up early and headed North to Philadelphia. Glad we woke up early too...just North of Baltimore we ran into some weird traffic that made it so that we got to Philadelphia at about 2 PM. That means it took us about 4 hours to make a three hour drive. After driving around looking for Independence Hall and then parking we barely made our 215 PM appointment for a tour of Independence Hall. What a fun building to walk through. We had a great tour guide that was equally funny, intelligent, knowledgable and hearable (GOOD voice for being a tour guide). I think I also loved her more because she wasn't a park ranger...just a citizen volunteer who had a love for history. My kind of lady. I also loved this tour because I was able to see scenes from 1776 in my head. I could see Mr. Finney singing songs all around me. :) I think when we get home I will be watching a bunch of fun movies. 1776, Mr. Smith goes to Washington, Gettysburg, National Treasure 1 and 2, Night of the Museum 1 and 2, any how you get the point.

Then we headed over to go and see the Liberty Bell. Aidan started to have a melt down so he and I walked around the grounds waiting for everyone else to go throught the exhibit. I have seen it before so it was all good. Then we went and found the van and started looking for Pat's Cheesesteaks. Pat's was featured on Diners, Drive In's and Dives with Guy Fieri. That place was packed. The food was good (mine was a little dry) but it was worth it to have such a fun experience. Aidan enjoyed feeding the pigeons and sparrows that hung out around the joint. Then we went for a drive to see if we could find the stairs that Rocky ran up. No luck. So we decided to head back to the hotel. Three hours later we have now arrived and thankfully Aidan slept a good leg of the trip...sadly that means he will be awake for a while. Oh well you win some you lose some. :)

Right now we are watching the NASCAR race and then we will finish packing our bags and taking showers.

Goodnight...

See you in Utah tomorrow night!

1 comment:

Debbie Burns said...

Kaie, I have LOVED reading all of your blogs during your Washington trip! It's been great to get the day-by-day action and live a little bit through you. Can't wait to see more pics! But it will be great to have you home!!! Can't wait to see you :)