Thursday, August 6, 2009

My first harvest

My first three zucchinis. They are huge. I can't wait for the others.
My cucumber buds....they are coming soon. Yeah!
My huge zucchini on the plant. Two days ago it was super tiny...today its ready!

I thought my garden was over grown. Apparently this is just how my veggies like to grow.

I was sceptacle. We moved into our house in mid-June. Most people said that it was too late to grow stuff. For most vegetables they were right. But upon doing some research I found that I could try some vegetables. So we planted cucumbers, zucchinis, and tomatoes. My tomatoes didn't take. But as you can see we have a lot of zucchini and I am excited to see what the cucumbers will do.

This harvest is coming at a wonderful time. They are blessings. I said at the beginning of this year I wanted to focus on being more self-sufficient (like they keep saying in the Ensign and conference). I love this feeling that I had while I was planting, watering, weeding and especially as I cut up, grated and diced up my harvest for the freezer.

No comments: