Friday, August 14, 2009

Washington DC trip Day 2

Well today has finally come. The day that dreams are made of.

We woke up just in time to shower (had the worst headache ever and couldn't get out of bed) and head out to Kensington, Maryland. This is a suburb of DC and where the temple is. We made it there just in time for Aidan to get really sick. I was wise and put him in a t-shirt. But I did have him in his good church pants. Well, when my sweet boy got sick, it went all over him. He seemed so happy after it happened that we all just took care of it. Poor little guy. I think that it is official...he gets car sick. He hasn't done this on our way to St. George but I think that is just because we usually drive at night and he can just sleep through the drive. So I cleaned him up and put on his dress shirt and his tie and he entered the temple without pants (pantless?). Lorraine and Jeff hung out around the grounds while we were inside the temple and Lorraine rinsed out his pants for us (THANK YOU LORRAINE). When we entered the temple you could just feel the stress and worry just evaporate. Brian and I dropped off Aidan at the nursery and he apparently got mad when he realized that we had left and then watched a movie and took a nap...then he was happy. Brian and I went and took care of all the paperwork (family group records, etc.) and met Brother Williams. Apparently Brother Williams was a seminary teacher in Kaysville and knew Stephanie! Cool huh! We were treated wonderfully and were able to have a lot of special moments together just Brian and I. Moments that I will treasure and enjoy for eternity (sorry folks they are mine and I can't share these!). When it was time to be sealed it was wonderful. Amy and Stephanie, Ann and Pat were able to go with us. What a wonderful experience! I have often wondered if my decision to wait was correct and I can tell you that it was!

When it was time for the ordinance to be performed they had to go and get Aidan. How wonderful was that! My little ball of chaos walked down the hallway saying Hello to everyone he met. We could here him coming before he ever made it to the ordinance room. When he entered the room my heart...oh my heart had enough! I was very emotional all day long and then seeing him...my heart burst! I was more than the Grinch where his heart grows three sizes. He was wearing a white tie and pants and looked like a little man. My heart so swelled with joy! Then during the actual ceremony...he was such a good well behaved angel! He was so happy and calm.....so not normal for my baby!
The sealing was wonderful!

We then left the temple to go and get pictures taken. My headache was still very much in full force...until we walked out of the temple. My whole being just relaxed. What a wonderful feeling!

Pictures were done on the lawn. Here are a few stolen from Stephanie and Amy's FB pages.




The Larson's with the temple in the background.
The Larson's in front of the temple. Aidan took all of his pictures without pants...I thought it was only fitting...since he didn't where any the rest of the day.
The Amazing Amy...I love her.
The Sassy Stephanie with her aardvark purse. (its a DMBA traveling item...inside joke).
Getting ready to do some pictures.


Then we decided to drive over to Wheaton and get some lunch. The Lincoln's hate Baja Fresh and the Larson clan ate Quizno's. Then we headed across the street to the grocery store for some basics. While inside Brian got a phone call (a preliminary interview for a job!) Fingers crossed everything works out!

Then we had an enjoyable trip through downtown Georgetown...in rush hour traffic. Pat did a wonderful job driving, Brian was an awesome navigator. We made it back to our hotel just in time to change our clothes and hurrying down to the metro station. We had tickets to go to the spy museuem. We barely made it there in time. Stephanie and Amy went there ahead of us and found out that with Aidan around we couldn't do the activity (an interactive spy game...with alcohol served). So we decided to walk down to the Mall (the major park in downtown DC) and just bask in the ambiance that is DC.
Aidan running around enjoying being out of the car seat and the stroller. He found a drain pipe and was throwing rocks into it. So cute. As people would pass he would run up to them and say HEEELLLLOOOO. My little social butterfly!
Stephanie, Ann, Pat and Jeff sitting on a bench at the Mall.
Washington Monument...as seen from the spot of grass where I was sitting.
Aidan and Ann...Aidan visiting with strangers.

After the mall we took the metro to Union Station where they have a killer food court. Everyone ate dinner and then we headed home (to the hotel). Poor Aidan was so exhausted he fell asleep and hasn't woke up since.

Until tomorrow....

3 comments:

Suziepackham said...

Oh Katie.... Congratulations! I'm teary eyed. Your day sounds wonderful.... I am so very happy for you and your little family. What an awesome experience for you. I love you, Brian and Aidan. Tell everyone hi and I hope you all have a wonderful time. Love, Suzie

cherroth said...

BRIAN AND KATIE CONGRATULATION ON ACHIEVING THE VERY BEST THING YOU COULD HAVE FOR YOUR FAMILY. THE LORD WELL BLESS YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Dustin and Kellie said...

YAY for you guys! I am so sorry for little Aidan and his getting sick. I am so happy the day was great and beautiful. I am so glad you three have this. Congratulations.