Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesdays blessings

Cookbooks. I love looking through old cookbooks and trying the recipes inside. I love learning about different methods of cooking and different variations for one recipe.

Education. I love being able to look above my computer desk and finally see the fruit of my years of labor at the university. I love being able to remember my time and experiences.

Aidan's mind learning. I love that Aidan is all about playing games with us now. It makes for a very entertaining family night.

Power of prayer. One thing that I am slowly learning is that the Lord wants to answer our prayers, positively and the way we want. But first we must learn to accept and try asking him again, in another way for what we want. Once we learn that, we will always get what we want.

Dancing. I love that my boys love to dance. On occasion Brian and I will spontaneously start swaying in each others arms. Aidan has quickly learned to love to dance. And I enjoy it when he asks me to dance.

The kissing game. When Brian and I kiss each other Aidan only allows it for a certain amount of time. Then he wants in on the game. And it goes like this. Mommy kisses Daddy, Aidan kisses Mommy, then Daddy kisses Aidan. We do this over and over and over again. Aidan loves it and so do I.

Sentences. Aidan is doing so well, putting new words together and learning how to manipulate different words and meanings. I, however, need to be more careful. Last night Aidan got mad at me for not getting him his 4th glass of milk right away. Finally he looked at me and said, "spanking or time out. decide." apparently I have been saying that too much lately. Better change that soon. :)

No comments: