Monday, August 30, 2010

Molly Monday: Fish, Garden and Crafts

I read in a book this last week about making a fish aquarium out of jell-o and gummy fish. Well we had Swedish fish in the cupboard as well as green jell-o. So the other night Aidan and I made ourselves some individual fish aquariums. Aidan has since said that we can't eat them (they are swimming fish mommy!). But I have hopes of gobbling up that yummy tasting jell-0.


Aidan helping me pour the jell-o into the
little cups and then dropping fishes in.


The view of the fish in the container.


This last week has been a turning point for the greater part of my garden. I am way excited to report...

Jalepenos are growing in force. I had one big one,
I picked it and ate it, and about
six little ones coming!


A picture of my first and very small
green pepper. There are lots of other blossoms
so I am excited!



And my cucumbers! I thought they were being
taken over by weeds. Apparently,
THEY were the weeds! They
are growing like mad! I have about 10 that are
good ball size. Soon I will be
pickling cucumbers. Yummy!


And this week I also had some time to work on many crafts. I had so much fun. I still need to work on some of my skills, but that will always be my issue.

I know it is still technically summer,
but FALL is my favorite.
So I have already decorated my
living room for FALL.
I love the oranges, browns, and deep reds.
This is my tablerunner display in my living room.


I can't get a better picture of those high heels to upload.
Sorry.
But if you click on the picture, it will enlarge.
If you want to get the pattern to make these yourself.
Click here.
They are easy and fun to make! Endless possibilities.


I had this great idea.
But it flopped.
This is the flop.
I wanted to do a fabric flower arrangement with
googly eyes peaking through.
It is just lame!



Using scrap fabric and
decapitated flowers from my
wedding, I was able to
make this wreath for $1.
Basic wreath is from Dollar Tree.



Close up of the table runner. I tried to
do some machine quilting.
It didn't work out.
This is my bad interpretation.
I am a work in progress.



And for my Aidan I made him a "action figure house."
This is his Stark Mansion.
Iron Man needed a get-a-way.
But he tends to have LOTS of super hero sleepovers.

And that concludes that busy week.
Now what to do next week...

No comments: