Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wednesdays blessings

Swimming pools. My parents live in an apartment complex that has a swimming pool. Aidan has begun to associate my parents and my brother Jake with swimming and the pool. It is so cute!

Family and time to visit. Even though we probably shouldn't have gone back to St. George, I love to go and visit with my family. I love seeing Jacob come around. It has been a long time since I felt like was open to a relationship with me. Maybe its because my relationships are strained with the others or maybe it was just time to reconnect with Jacob, but I love the time that we spend together. The only thing better would be spending time with all my siblings together in a harmonious situation. Here's to hoping! I am also grateful that even though Jacob and his baby mama are having issues and are in the middle of a custody battle, she allowed me to see Ezra for all day Wednesday, which was in the middle of her week of visitation.

An amazing husband. On our way down to St. George about Santaquin we blew a tire. We were those people who had to unload our trunk and find the spare (the tiny donut) and find a tire changing place (we needed a Discount Tire because we have warranty and stuff with them) in Provo. I am fully capable of changing a tire. I have changed many tires in my day. But nothing makes me happier than a husband who just does it. I helped a little bit. But Brian was able to quickly change the tire without incident on the freeway. Thank you honey!

Generous grandparents. When my Grandparents heard of our situation they offered to give us some money for the new tire. We will be fine. But thanks. It always makes an unpleasant situation better knowing that maybe it isn't so dire.

Good Chinese food. I have grown up in the area I currently live. My go to location for Chinese is and always has been Mandarin Palace. The place is yummy, but sometimes my body disagrees. Being just pregnant the nausea and sickness is in full force. When we were in St. George my body was craving Chinese. My parents took us to their go to place for Chinese. What a delicious meal. My body enjoyed it. I didn't get sick and I am still craving it. The broccoli beef with divine and the sweet and sour chicken was light and sweet without being overwhelming. So good!

Baked Lays potato chips. Sometimes my nausea isn't made better by salt crackers. But so far baked potato chips settle my tummy. There is just only one downside to this and that is that they are on the expensive side. Luckily, Brian agrees with me, anything to keep me from being sick and to make the baby happy.

A comfortable bed. After many years of staying with my parents and sleeping on the floor, they finally got themselves a new bed and moved there old bed into the guest bedroom. I think that bedroom should be called the Katie and family room but I was vetoed. I honestly have no idea how my parents were able to sleep on that bed for so many years. Don't misunderstand it is much better than the floor or an air mattress but it still isn't very comfortable. So that being said...I love my bed. It is so nice to come home to it and relax in it.

1 comment:

MarciaAnne said...

Howdy there! I looked at your blog when you first sent mee the info, and then something happened to my computer before I could save the link. Then life got out of control. But I am so glad I found you again! I just read up on you here, and I just want you to know that I love you.

I remember how you love your cookie dough, good thing you learned the trick for brown sugar.

And I love Chinese food, but Copyright does not, and it makes mee feel sick just looking at it, or when Jacob suggests it.