Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesdays blessings

Modern technology. I know nearly every week this comes up, but every week I find myself grateful for a different piece of technology. This week is the ultrasound machine. I can't believe that not too many decades ago pregnant women didn't have the blessing of seeing their baby while in the fetus. I am one of those people who have to see to believe it, with most things. I love that I am able to see what the ultrasound tech can see. I am grateful that through the ultrasound machine they can show me the heart beat, have me listen to the heartbeat, measure the size of the baby and then tell me (because we were unsure) just how far along I am...to the day. On Monday we found out that we now have a heartbeat and the baby is measuring at six weeks two days old. That's pretty precise. New due date is April 2, 2011.

Attentive husbands. Sometimes I feel like I get ignored. I ask for help and assistance with things and Brian ignores them. But other things his does are amazing. Fixing things that I didn't know needed attention. What a wonderful man he is.

A sweet baby Aidan. Notice how I put on there a sweet baby Aidan? Aidan is still in his terrible two phase, but every so often I can see the light. He is fully aware that there is a baby in my tummy. The other day I am sitting on the couch watching television and he comes over and wraps his little arms around my mid-section and says "baby, I wuv you." Over and over again. And he didn't move. He feel asleep in that position. I wish I could have taken a picture. It would have been priceless. I REALLY hope this love, anticipation, and excitement remain AFTER the baby is born.

Working. I don't have a real job. It is more like something to get me out of the house. I still consider myself a stay at home mom. But it is pleasant to know that I do have something that I can do when needed for extra cash. Especially a job where I can take Aidan with me.

The Flag Game. I am a freak when it comes to the flag. People don't respect it, at all! Irritates me to know end. So this year I taught Aidan what we do when we see a flag. We even checked out a book from the library. If we see a flag our right hand covers our heart, we take hats off and above all we are QUIET. He did fantastic at parades and ball games. But my favorite thing is, now, whenever he see a flag he excitedly says "Mom, Flag, shhh." Imagine me surprise when he started pointing out flags for me to notice and respect. On our way home from St. George we ended up playing a flag game. I have never noticed home many flags locale businesses fly along I-15 between Provo and Ogden. AMAZING! And Aidan noticed everyone, he especially loves the big tall ones.

Nausea and morning sickness. Crazy I am still grateful to have it. With Aidan, I was sick for 38 weeks. I have a feeling this one will be similar. But all in all, being sick means that I am with child, and that reminder is priceless.

A messy house. I am going out on a limb and saying this but a messy house means that we have had fun and had guests. I keep trying to convince myself that this is a good thing and not something to be ornery about. So if you come to my house and it is less than prestine, understand we have been having fun, and that's why it is not clean.

1 comment:

MarciaAnne said...

I like your technology blessing! I am praying here for all to go well with your pregnancy. When I was/am feeling sick, I just remind myself that the sicker I feel the better baby is doing inside. Maybe you will have an April-fool's-day-baby, it could be fun.