Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursdays Nostaligia

Here is a bunch of pictures I have of my Grandma Virgie taken when she was younger. This isn't really my nostaligia this week but one I love. I love this lady with all my heart. She constantly gets on my nerves but she is the best grandma in the whole world. Sometimes I feel like she gets over looked. My Grandpa is an amazing man, but so is she...an amazing woman. She successfully raised four awesome kids. I love all my aunts and uncles.

We have a good relationship. I wish I could be a better granddaughter to her. But sometimes I just can't make myself play Boggle. Yuck! She has so many wonderful talents. She is amazing with kids. She always makes people smile. She is so friendly, even to scary strangers. And I think she is beautiful. For the longest time I have admired her. And I think that is why, if we have a girl, she will be named Abigail Virgie. I want nothing more than to be able to give my grandma the gift of a namesake. Her name is so unique and beautiful. However, that being said Brian and I have decided to make it a middle name and not a first name. Grandma has often told me of the plight of mis-pronuncation, misspelled, and ignorance that goes along with her name (I kind of understand, for 29 years I was an Armga). But still we want our daughter to be blessed with her name and all the special blessings that come with it, even if it is in private.

So even though she doesn't read this blog, I love you Grandma Virgie.

1 comment:

Debbie Burns said...

Grandmas are the best! And I believe you are a FABULOUS granddaugther (even if you don't like playing Boggle, hehe).