Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursdays Nostaligia


This was my fourth grade photo. Check out that hair. Mom worked on it forever. This was the same year that I got my first perm, courtesy of Brandi. I looked like a horrific poodle. It wasn't Brandi's fault, my hair is/was so think that my hair went nuts. Lucky for me I remember looking like ridiculous for like two weeks and then it disappeared. Maybe now that's why I have a natural curl to my hair. Before this time I had bone straight hair. I also remember that this shirt (the coolest shirt ever!) originally had shoulder pads. Mom decided that I looked ridiculous with the shoulder pads in, so that morning (accuracy in question by author) took them out. Thanks mom! I look much better. Seriously can you imagine this shirt on a 9 year old with big shoulder pads. Ahhh, the 80s, so glad I don't remember much. :)

1 comment:

Debbie Burns said...

Love it! I too had the poodle perm, though I was not so lucky has to have it "fall out" in two weeks. I must say, the 80s was a scary time for fashion. My only question is "why is it coming back?" Any way, cute pic! And thanks for the trip down memory lane... shoulder pads, bad perms and all!