Saturday, July 17, 2010

Aidan-isms

Aidan woke up this morning, early. Freaking out about "needing to watch television." I tried for a little while to figure out what he wanted to watch. Aidan wasn't much help. Finally he said "super hero Christmas guy." I said what? Then he cried for about ten minutes about needing to see his "super hero Christmas guy." I think I know who he is talking about, but I didn't turn on the movie, I talked him into going back to sleep.

He is all about Christmas movies this month. Christmas in July, really. This doesn't help my stress level whilst preparing for Christmas already. Don't laugh. But I can't bring myself to be that person who goes on a spending spree in December and doesn't get it paid off until May. If we are aware now we slowly buy gifts and then in December we are relaxed and not stressed out, helps with remember the reason for Christmas.

I digress, sorry.

A couple of days ago he kept calling Santa Claus a super hero. Because he is a hero who brings presents. The mind of a two year old. So I am pretty sure he wanted to watch Merry Madagascar and see the cool super hero Christmas guy.

P.S. This still frame was taken from Google images and is one of Aidan's favorite scenes in the movie.

1 comment:

Steven and Megan said...

Silly Aidan :) And I agree with you about christmas shopping. Too bad I don't put the thought into action like you do though haha :)