Friday, May 29, 2009

Social networking do good!

Those who don't like social networking sites are many. Those people have there reasons and I usually agree with them. However, I can see the benefits of such sites. Mothers looking for children that they have put up for adoption are some of the benefits. Another benefit is re-connecting with old friends and family. Or better said meeting new friends and family.

I am from a unique clan. Armga. There aren't that many of us in the world. So when you find one of us we are related. No doubt about it. My dad used to tell me that you could tell what Armga line a Armga came from just based upon where they lived in the USA. I don't think that works so much anymore. The Larry Armga's are scatted between Washington, Idaho, Utah, Texas, and Florida. I digress....

Social Networking was my topic. I went looking on facebook for Armga (my dad said he was on there and I didn't believe him....but he is). I also found another Armga that was not directly related to me. So I asked if we could be friends. He accepted and since then we have been figuring out our family line and how we were related exactly. It may sound silly but I had another thought.

In the latter days, it is said, that the hearts of the fathers will turn to the children and the hearts of the children will turn to the fathers (Malachi 4:6). There are many different outlets to help the lord fulfill his mission. But social networking sites are a benefit to his work. They have allowed many to be reunited and many more to realize the power of such sites. It sounds like I have sparked quiet an interest in family history to this distant cousin who had no idea there were any more of us in the world. I knew there were others but had no way to contact them. Thank you facebook. Thank you for allowing me to learn more about my family and find connections to others I would never have had before. I hope that these conversations with my cousin turn out to be a friendship. I also hope that he can learn more and that may feel that little something inside of him, that something that helps him further his understanding of family history and so much more. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Jones said...

You are doing an awesome job of connecting with family. It is so exciting that you found and became a friend with this Armga. Thanks for "catching the vision" and searching out your family.
Love ya!

cherroth said...

KATIE, THAT IS SO COOL!!!!! WHAT IS HIS NAME AND WHERE IS HE FROM? DID YOU TELL HIM ABOUT ALL OF US ARMGA'S, AND HOW CLOSE WE ARE???
ISN'T THAT EXCITING THAT THERE ARE MORE OF US OUT THERE!!!!