Monday, May 25, 2009

Busy weekend....

So this weekend has been a busy one, but a fun one. On Friday Kellie, Maren, Aidan and I all got into the car and headed south, to the land of family, heat, and blessed new babies. We left at around noon and only stopped in Fillmore for some gas and to get some wiggles out. Aidan loves the Maverick there. He knows exactly what to expect and he always gets to play on the playground. He loves playing with the steering wheel. We finally arrived around five thirty. We met up with mom and dad and then headed to the store and to see Addison. She is sooo beautiful. So tiny, she scared me. Jordan is doing very well, I think, considering what she has gone through. I quickly learned that Aidan didn't mind her crying or others playing with her instead of him, except me. I was not really allowed to do much. Aidan was very protective of me. Friday night mom made some yummy spaghetti for everyone to eat. Then we just hung out and visited. Kellie and Maren slept downstairs on the couch, while Aidan and I slept in the upstairs room. Jake and Courtnie went camping. Aidan was so tired that he quickly fell asleep.

At 5AM he was wide awake and super sad. He kept calling for da-da with no answer so he was a sad little boy. After about 45 minutes of trying to go back to sleep we decided to get up for the day and enjoy it. We left around 6AM and went to the store for food and fun. Aidan bought some bubbles, I bought food for dinner that night, and then we both bought Addison some clothes. She is so tiny that premmie clothes are too big for her! As we were leaving we got a concerned phone call from Grandma curious as to where we were. (Side note: I am not an early riser! I hate it!) Once we returned, we finished getting ready and then went over and visited with Harrison and Jordan and Addison. It was so nice to just be able to sit around and visit. After a couple of hours we decided that lunch was in order. Kellie and I and kids headed over to In and Out Burger. Yummy! We took lunch back to Harrison house and ate with mom and dad. Then we headed back to mom and dad's house. We talked about going and doing stuff, but in the end, we just watched television, hung out, made cookies and ate mom's enchiladas for dinner. Yummy! I was able to get dad to find his stash of pictures and memorablia from his side of the family. FUN! What a treasure! Sadly though looking at old pictures makes me curious and I want answers which he was only able to sort of answer. I was not aware that he had all this information. I love it! I have many projects scheduled for them....he was nice enough to let me bring them home for further detailed information.

Then on Sunday morning we all woke up and headed to Harrison's house for breakfast. Thanks for some wonderful breakfast sandwiches. Then we visited for a little bit and hit the road.

We left at noon and made it to Clearfield by 440PM. Good time, in my opinion, for driving with two little ones. There were fabulous on the ride. They both slept lots and giggled and shared cheetos...what a wonderful time! I love my sister and Maren and I am so glad that they were able to come with us. Maren is such a cutie. She was always willing to help me out with Aidan.

Then this morning we were able to go to breakfast with the Lincoln's and Brandon and his cute girlfriend Katie Ann (this will be a little confusing). I am glad that Aidan got to meet mom's cousins. What a good day! And tonight Brian is fixing some pork chops for dinner. Yummy!

3 comments:

Dustin and Kellie said...

Thank you so much for letting us tag along! We had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for staying with us. It's too quiet now. Enjoyed playing with the grandbabbies and visiting with you girls. Thanks for coming.

Jordan said...

We are so glad that the four of you could come down to welcome Addison into the world. We love to have you here and are so excited for future visits, when everyone involved will feel like going out. I am so grateful for the sisters in law that I have. You and Kellie are wonderful, and we love you so much!!