Saturday, May 16, 2009

Offically a nerd....sorry mom

So today has been a day that I have waited diligently for for a couple of weeks. For two reasons today has been anxiously anticipated. They are silly reasons. The first....a couple of weeks ago Brian came home and told me about a fabric sale that Wal-Mart was having today. It was only for like six hours and I was worried I would miss it. Brian carefully budgeted some money for me so that I could go CRAZY! And I sure did! I spent lots and lots of money. And I am so excited for all the projects I get to do. I wish I could give you more information but I can't.

The other reason for such extreme excitement today is that we had our new "home" inspected. Home is in quotes because I haven't set a move in date, so it could be ripped from my grasp, but it doesn't look like it any more. We have been preoccupied with what the inspector would find. After watching House Hunters on HGTV we realize that nothing is what it seems from the first look. And our purchasing the house is contingent on what the inspector found. Brian met with the inspector to discuss the findings and....the inspector was impressed by the upkeep by the current owners. There were some cosmetic issues but overall the house passed and unless we can't get funding (which I doubt we have been pre-approved) we are moving in....because it is ours!!! I am so excited!!! The other cool thing is that when Brian walked through the house with the inspector he noticed something new. The kitchen floor was linoleum....now it is a beautiful slate tile floor. Brian said that it is in hues of browns and greens. I am so flipping excited for this place. Anyone else ready to party?

3 comments:

Jones said...

I am excited for you. Both for getting to buy some great fabric for projects AND for getting a darling house. Congratulations!!!

Dustin and Kellie said...

That is great!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! YAY! Wonderful wonderful!

And there is no reason to feel dumb about being excited for a fabric sale! I think it's great!

Debbie Burns said...

Just let us know where and when! And keep us updated on the move. We would love to help!