Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Addison Grace

Earlier this morning Addison Grace was born. I don't know much or have pictures to share. But I do know that this precious package was delivered and was very alert upon arrival. She was 5 pounds 1 ounce. Super duper tiny. I, too, want to see lots of pictures and learn the details about how she came into the world. But Jordan and Harrison have been trying to deliver young Addison for a LLLLOOONNNGGG time. Like 48 hours! I think they deserve some family time. Some rest time and cuddling time. I also don't want to take away from Jordan's experience. So I have let you know that everyone is fine, the baby came....but mom and dad can do the rest....at their discretion. I know it is hard to be patient but it will be worth the wait, at least that is what I keep telling myself.

I can't even begin to comprehend 48 hours of labor! I was induced when I had Aidan. I was started at 7AM and then at 355PM Aidan was born. Three contractions, 12 tries and he showed himself to the world. 9 hours of labor for me was a lot. Now Jordan and Addison did 5 times that in the labor process. I am so glad that all is well. I would be so exhausted!!!

Aidan loves his Aunt Jordan and Uncle Harrison. When I told him this morning that his little cousin was born, he smiled and wanted to play the kissing game. Jordan...your kiss is coming from Aidan!

No comments: