Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

Our Blarney Stone
Painted courtesy of Aidan.


St. Patrick's Day dinner.
Spinach fetticini noodles with
green alfredo sauce.
Chicken cooked in a green liquid broth
and green salad with green goddess dressing.
For dessert Key Lime Pie.
A Shamrock clue for the scavenger/treasure hunt.
The clues were pictures so that Aidan could
help Suzie find the treasure.

The Treasure Pot! Found!
Full of fun toys for Aidan and Suzie!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Today we had our 2nd annual St. Patrick's Day Party. Suzie came over for dinner. We had green salad, spinach fetticini, green alfredo sauce and baked green chicken. For dessert we had Key Lime pie. Earlier in the day I made a scavenger hunt for Aidan and Suzie. Last year I did one complete with riddles and it turned out okay. Aidan was bored by it (he just turned 1) and Suzie says she enjoyed herself. But this year I made sure that Aidan could participate. I cut out construction paper shamrocks and then I drew a picture on them. These pictures were easily identifable for Aidan and he took Suzie to each area. At the end of the scavenger hunt there was a "Pot O Treasure." I had been buying silly $1 toys since Christmas and loaded up the pot with these goodies. There was even stuff in the pot of sweet Aunt Suzie. And then Aidan had Suzie kiss our Blarney Stone that we made for FHE. We had a fun night and enjoyed spending time with Suzie. Thanks for coming over Suzie Q!

1 comment:

Suziepackham said...

I had a wonderful time. thank you for including me in your family activities, means alot to me.....