Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jealous much?

Last weekend I able to babysit my newest nephew a couple of times. The first time I babysat I was at Suzie's house and look what happened. :) Aidan doesn't like to cuddle with me or give hugs. I figured that it must have been just his age. Well upon Aidan seeing me give some kind of attention to another baby, he freaked out. He wanted to be the center of attention. So he fell asleep in this uncomfortable position.

Then on another opportunity we were in our basement watching television. Aidan was originally upstairs with his dad. When he came downstairs and saw that I was holding Ezra again. This is what happened.


(Sorry for the icky picture.) Aidan wanted to watch television. He also wanted to be near me. He let me hold Ezra but I was not allowed under any circumstances to look any other direction but directly at him. Notice him holding my face in position. Silly boy! When Brian would hold the baby, it didn't matter. But if Mommy was holding the baby...

Generally speaking Aidan was much better this time than in other times with a new baby in our midst. He didn't want to hurt the baby, he didn't want to attack the baby, he just wanted all the attention on him and not the baby. I even caught him on occasion giving sweet Ezra little kisses on his head, without my promptings, because that is what you do with babies.

I love my Aidan. Even if other babies come into the picture (which the will), you will always be my number one!

No comments: