Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Easter Egg hunt practice

What yucky weather we have today. SNOW! Its not so bad except that Mother Nature has been teasing us with beautiful short sleeve and flip flop weather.

As I laid in bed this morning (debating what to do on this icky Wednesday) I had a brillant thought! This weekend is Easter and the Easter bunny will be coming and hiding eggs for Aidan. That being said we also want to take Aidan to a community hunt. But he has never done one before. How will he react? Will he get the point? Will he collect the eggs? So I decided we would have a dry run. Aidan and Brian were downstairs and I strategically hid 20 plastic eggs around the main level of the house and then we had Aidan come and find them. I don't know what I was worried about. The first thing he saw was eggs around and went and picked them up. He had so much fun. I think we will be doing a couple of practice hunts today!


"Look Mom! I found the first egg!"


Running to collect the next egg.


He final product. He found all the eggs (20) in about three
minutes. Watch out other toddlers in the area!
Aidan is going to get tons of eggs this weekend.

No comments: