Saturday, June 27, 2009

Without a doubt...spoiled rotten.

So everyone and I mean everyone around me pulled one over on me today.

Brian and I woke up like normal and got some chores done. Big deal. Then he got ready for work and left at 555 PM just like normal. Then at 610 PM Brian returned home and stated..."get dressed, you have 15 minutes". What??? He made me nervous. What happened at work? Is everything okay? While I am getting ready he got Aidan dressed and ready to go. What is going on? Then he changed his shirt. Seriously....what's going on? Brian told me nothing. We got into the car and drove off. We passed the theater, his parents house, even Wal-Mart...I was so confused. Then he got off at the Kaysville exit...my first thought...is Aunt LuAnn okay? What happened? (My phone had been on silent today so I may have missed a crucial call.) When we got to the Lincoln's house everyone was saying Happy Birthday and stuff and then Stephanie tells me it was a surprise party/ BBQ planned. What!?!?! Suzie and Stephanie planned this little party for me...I am so spoiled! I had no idea. Brian never had to work tonight...tease! Suzie, Reed, Virgie, Bob, the Bennetts, Cherie, Brianne, Joshua, Jordan, the Lincolns, Ann, Jeff and the Bovee's came! Seriously spoiled!!! A delicious spread of some of the most delightful Lincoln family fare was available to eat and Amy made some yummy burgers and dogs. It was wonderful. Thank you to all....

And then to add to my incrediable situation...there were gifts. I received an awesome clock from The Roth's. I know exactly were it is going, in the main living room on the currently long empty wall. Then a gift certificate from the Lincoln's to Target. Bob and Virgie got me some fancy whisks. One of them is both a whisk and a tong set. Cool huh! And then to top all of that off Brian and I received some house warming gifts. We received some mixing bowls, a broom, a duster, and a sign for the main living room. And then a new Bissel brand vacuum. How nice is that!

The night was wonderful and full of fun. Aidan enjoyed his freedom with cousins and the Bovee kids.

I just wanted to say thank you again to all those who thought about me, organized it, brought food, visited, and was just being there. Thank you so much. I will never forget my 30th birthday. I loved it! And you too!

4 comments:

Suziepackham said...

Cuz we love you... and you bring your own special love to all you come in contact with. You make everyone feel special.

Steven and Megan said...

Happy birthday Katie!!! How fun that you got a party and fun gifts!

Amy said...

How fun! Sounds like you were spoiled. (: LUCKY!

Anonymous said...

I am just glad that we "pulled one" over on you! Yeah us! :)
I love you - I am glad that I got to help celebrate your birthday. It was a fun night.