Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wednesdays blessings

1. Power of prayer. Some times, most of the time, I take advantage of prayer. I always try to have a prayer in my heart, but sometimes laziness gets a hold of me and I don't have a good heart to heart with my Heavenly Father. When I do pray this way, I always come away from the prayer being refreshed and calm.

2. Answered prayers. Sometimes during my prayers I get nervous asking Heavenly Father for help or requests. I truly believe that the Lord has a greater understanding of my life and my path, but that doesn't change the fact that I think he likes me to learn things the hard way. I have many experiences in my life where I have been "thrown for a loop" with Heavenly Father. And so it takes a lot for me to plead, ask, beg, request, or bring something important to me to his attention. But this week I asked for his help with something and it came forth. Brilliantly. Thank you Heavenly Father.

3. A well behaved son. I would normally NEVER refer to my child as a well behaved child. He is just independent enough to make me crazy. But I am so thankful for Aidan going to "school" on Friday with a more than adequately happy mood. We were only there for about 4 hours and only for the last 30 minutes did he need to come be with me. And that wasn't because he was naughty and melting, but because it was nap time and he didn't want a nap. I can handle that kind of behavior.

4. Grocery stores. I love having a garden and a decent food storage. But when it comes to cravings, especially abnormal cravings, having a grocery store nearby and open 24/7, I love it. I was craving a yummy roast beef hoagie sandwich. Not a Subway sandwich, but a fully loaded homemade sandwich. Good, inexpensive roast beef was only about 20 minutes away. Yummy!

5. Good books. Nothing helps pass late nights alone like a good book. Nuff said.

6. FHE. This week for FHE we went with the greater Larson clan (minus Matt, including Mark) to the Utah State Fair. I haven't been to the fair since 1996 when my friend Kristy won some tickets to see the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and then we just went to the concert we didn't peruse anything. This time we walked around, enjoyed the ice cream tasting tent, had dinner at Moochies (a local resturant featured on Triple D...they make yummy meatball subs and philly cheesesteaks), visited with friends, say another old friends amazing quilting accomplishments (Janis O. you rock!), let Aidan see the farm animals and had a good time. Thanks extended Larson Clan.

7. Date night. Brian's brother Matt hooked us up with some tickets to an amazing concert. Brian and I were so excited that we made a Date night out of it. We got Lorraine to babysit (and spend the night) so that we could be out late. Our night started at 330PM when we went to a late lunch at Red Iguana in SLC. Another Triple D stop, but we have enjoyed this location for years. Then we headed out to the Uproar Festival. We saw Halestorm, Stone Sour, Avenged Sevenfold, and Disturbed. I was not disappointed in this concert they all rocked, especially Disturbed! After the concert we headed home but stopped at Denny's, a concert tradition, and ate some food. By this time it was coming close to 2AM so we headed home and quickly passed out! We had a blast.

No comments: