Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursdays Nostaligia


I love these games. I really didn't get "into" them until after my mission. After I came home, life started. Life got hard and complex, easy and simple. But I always had something on my mind, usually boys. I am a thinker. In the way I mean thinker I don't mean I have a great mind, just the opposite. I have the ability to find a topic that interests me and "think" it into the ground. I don't often find a solution or an answer but my mind goes over the topic over and over again. Now this problem with thinking would often happen about the time that some major paper was due. And because all of my mind energy was wasted on the wrong thing I couldn't study or function until the endless cycle of nothing was broken. Enter mindless strategy games. TETRIS and DR. MARIO. Maybe its the colors or the music or the repeated motion, but these games I would play for hours until I couldn't think anymore and I just needed a rest. Mission accomplished.

Thank you Tetris and Dr. Mario for helping me survive the dating scene and the academic life.

If you want to play Dr. Mario I found an online site that will let you do it for free. SWEET!
Click here to play. Just a heads up; the left and right arrow keys will move your "pill" left or right. To rotate the pill buttons "z" and "x"do so in a clockwise/counterclockwise fashion. Enjoy and have fun.

No comments: