Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Movie Review: Date Night

I wanted to see this when it was in the theater, but alas we didn't make it. We never do. I find it so much more relaxing to just get a Red Box movie and cuddle with Brian on my couch in my pajamas.

This movie was entertaining for about 80% of the movie. There is a "chase scene" in the middle of the movie that I laughed at for about 5 minutes straight. I even have a smile on my face now just thinking about it. But one of the last scenes of the movie took most of my appreciation away.

Steve and Tina play the Fosters. The boring married couple with two kids, a mortgage and two equally tiring and boring jobs. They try weekly to have a date night, but reality gets in the way and they go every week to the same old boring steakhouse and order the same ol' thing. One night Steve decides that this Jersey couple will head to the major city and eat and that really talked about place and ENJOY themselves. Well they don't have a reservation and so they take someone else's. The movie begins to spiral out of control as this married couple begins to try and out wit the bad guys (who are coppers) and try and make this all go away. Mark Wahlberg has a relatively large part in the movie, which I wasn't aware of (those scenes were funny). I don't want to ruin to much for you, but the last major scene was too much for me and my two year old. I am glad we waited until we could rent it so that I could fast forward to the next scene. The wonders of the DVD!

Overall good movie, final grade B-.

Why do they do that anyway? Take a good movie, pretty clean and then dirty it up in five minutes with a unnecessary scene? Oh the frustration! Does everyone out there really need at least one inappropriate scene to make a movie "tolerable"? Silliness I say!

No comments: