Thursday, December 31, 2009

Resolutions 2009 recap

Last year I posted my New Years Resolutions/Goals. I did it so that I could have frequent access to my resolutions and that would help me complete them. I normally have a pretty good track record on completing them. I am never 100% but I do pretty well. This is a recap so that I can explain/ make a history of the good, the bad and the what was I thinking goals. Enjoy.


My resolutions 2009


Get healthy, feel better and be ore aware of my health. WE BOUGHT A TREADMILL. I HAVE USED IT, NOT AS OFTEN AS I WOULD HAVE LIKED. UMM... I ALSO GAINED WEIGHT! OOPS!
Math 1010...finish and pass it already!NOT MATH 1010...BUT I DID PASS PHIL 2010. THEY WERE ONE IN THE SAME IN MY HEAD.
Pay a full tithe 9 MONTHS OF THE YEAR YES...BRIAN'S UNEMPLOYEMENT CONFUSED US. WE DIDN'T REALLY EVEN THINK ABOUT TITHING DURING THOSE MONTHS. WE PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE. OOPS!
Be active in church WE HAVE GONE A LOT MORE THAN LAST YEAR. BUT WE NEED TO GO TO MORE THAN JUST SACRAMENT MEETING. HOPEFULLY AIDAN IS ON BOARD FOR THIS PLAN.
Read the Book of Mormon READ PARTS, BUT THAT DOESN'T COUNT. OOPS!
Graduate!!! FOR ALL PURPOSES...YES, YES I DID!
Be more crafty SLIDE SHOW COMING SOON. I WILL SAY ABSOLUTELY!
More family time (immediate and extended) WE PROBABLY DROVE EVERYONE CRAZY BUT YES...MORE FAMILY TIME. A COUPLE OF TIMES IT WAS A VERY BAD IDEA, BUT OVERALL, TOTALLY AWESOME!
Be more spiritual...daily not just on Sundays I AM GOING TO SAY YES SIREE!

Mommy resolutions 2009

Help Aidan with speech, motor skills, and conservation YES. IT MAY BE HIS NORMAL DEVELOPMENT LEVEL BUT OH WELL, I AM TAKING SOME CREDIT. HE HAS IMPROVED FROM LAST YEAR.
Be very involved...not overbearing YES SIR!
Numbers, colors, alphabet, and nursery rhymes I HAVE REPEATED THESE THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR AIDAN. I DIDN'T SAY HE NEEDED TO MEMORIZE THEM OR ANYTHING. BUT I DID MY PART. :) HE IS VERY FLUENT IN THE AIDAN NUMBERS AND COLORS. " 1, 2, 3, A, I, D..." THE ALPHABET ONLY CONSISTS OF THE LETTERS IN HIS NAME. AND MOM OBVIOUSLY ONLY KNOWS HOW TO COUNT TO THREE. OKAY, HALF MY BAD. HE DOES KNOW THAT THOMAS IS A BLUE CHOO CHOO, AND LIGHTNING MCQUEEN IS A RED CAAA. :)
Read scriptures nightly with Aidan DID IT FOR A WHILE, AND THEN I SLACKED. OOPS. HE DOES LOVE LITTLE CRITTER BOOKS THOUGH.
Read nightly with Aidan (more than just scriptures) LITTLE CRITTERS ARE OUR FAVORITE!
Preparing for Potty Training HE KNOWS WHEN HE NEEDS TO GO, HE KNOWS WHERE THE POTTY IS, HE JUST CAN'T QUIET GRASP THAT YOU NEED TO ACTUALLY GO POTTY IN THE POTTY. NOT JUST TELL MOM AFTER YOU GO. BUT HE DOES HAVE BIG BOY UNDERWEAR AND LITTLE POTTYS AND A STEP STOOL AND PULL UPS.

Wife Resolutions 2009

Pay a full tithe 9 MONTHS OR THE YEAR...SORRY. UNEMPLOYMENT CONFUSED US.
Active in church MORE SACRAMENT MEETINGS YES. NOW WE NEED MORE TIME IN THE OTHER TWO MEETINGS.
Two dates a month SOME TIMES NOT, BUT THE GENERAL AVERAGE WORKED OUT TO BE TWO A MONTH.
Read New Testament PARTS YES, BOOK NO...I AM A SLACKER.
Get married...in the temple WHY YES, YES WE DID! FREAKING AMAZING!

Basic 2009 Goals

Vacation to Las Vegas Motorspeedway in March YES FOR BRIAN (I ENJOYED 10 WONDERFUL DAYS IN ST. GEORGE)
Vacation to Redfish in July YES WE DID, AND LOVED IT
Vacation to DC/ NY in Aug AWESOME MEMORIES!
Visit St. George three times (Races in Mar, Baby Armga in Jun and ???) WE ACTUALLY MADE IT DOWN 5 TIMES THIS YEAR! CRAZY! RACES, ADDISON BORN, EASTER, JUST CAUSE, AND ADDISON'S BLESSING/HALLOWEEN.

Shop around and decide on a...
Couch WE DID DECIDE, BUT WE HAVE NOT PURCHASED YET
House BOUGHT IT AND LOVE IT!!!!
Television WE HAVE DECIDED ON THE SIZE FINALLY, NOW ITS JUST THE BRAND
Treadmill THANK YOU KSL.COM YES WE DID GET THIS!

Events to pay attention to...
Aidan's 1st Birthday YES
Anniversary YES
Honeymoon (Aug...see above) HECK YES
Baby Armga in June MAY, BUT YES
Temple sealing in August YES
Redfish Lake (and associated projects) YES AND YES TO DVD!

Help Brian complete 2 successful semesters at WSU! YES


Okay boys and girls thats the re-cap of 2009. Full of all my excuses and truths. Love me or hate me, I did tell the truth. Not to bad a record if you ask me...

1 comment:

Debbie Burns said...

Katie you never cease to amaze me! I love this post and hope you won't mind that I copy. What a great idead to list the goals at the beginning of the year and then recap at the end. Love it!