Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas decorations...

This year we are going all out for Christmas. We have tried to budget accordingly so we have been having fun. These pictures are in no particular order.

This is my awkward corner in the kitchen. It is not very big so I have been using it as an area to decorate. Most of my decorations are older ones from my mom, I love them they remind of being home. Above, the nativity was my mom's. The Ho Ho Ho blocks we got as a gift from Brian's cousin Karrie.


A picture of the lights. I love Brian. I love that we both think the same way and want the same things. However, looking at these pictures Brian and I have decided to put lights up in our bedroom. The left side of the house looks too dark compared to the right.
Another outside shot. The bushes are the cool net led lights and the porch is done in led lights and garland (can't see it, too dark).

My first attempt at a wreath on the front door. I have since put a red bow on the top of it. I need some creative thoughts to make it look better.
The inside of the living room. Call me weird but I love the paper cut outs for decorations. Aidan always talks to this Santa Claus. Before I hung up the candy cane, he tried to lick it. What a cute, odd child I have!
So I was trying to think of a way to hang up the stockings this year. And then my silly mind decided that we needed a shelf or a fireplace to get the best look. So I painted this fireplace out of butcher paper one night after Aidan went to bed and Brian was at work. I know that I am a goof ball and a nerd, but I kind of like it. Next year I will make a hearth and a chimney. LOL!
My mom let me use her nativity last year and I love it. It is the most beautiful nativity I have ever seen. So I made room on the shelf for it. There are six additional pieces that I couldn't fit on the shelf that are in storage, but I think you get the basic idea. Maybe I will leave it up until after Easter...
My mom's advent calendar. I don't know where she got it, but we are using it this year. I have already put little candies into the stocking as a count down. Maybe we will still make a count down chain, just for the fun of it!


I just realized I never took a picture of the Christmas tree. I will get on the tomorrow and post it later. What a nerd!

3 comments:

Steven and Megan said...

I love the fire place!!! What a cute idea :) I love Christmas and decorating for the holidays. Your wreath looks good! you could always add pine cones or little poinsettas(?) if you think it needs more to it.

Debbie Burns said...

I love the fire place too! You are so stinkin' creative! I like to use ribbon in a lot that I do. So for the wreath, cut some longish strips of ribbon (the kind with wire work the best) and tie knots at either end. I use these strips to play "peek a boo" around the wreath. With the wire you can twist and turn the ribbon anyway you like. Eventually it will look like you have one long piece that is weaved through the branches. The smaller pieces just make it easier to get the look you want. (That probably doesn't make any sense! I'll see if I can find a pic of what I'm talking about and send it your way.)

Suziepackham said...

all I can say is ....FUN!