Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My final for my (potentially) final class ever

Today was the day of reckoning. AT 530PM MST I entered my classroom for my final exam for what I hope to be my final class EVER at Weber State University. I study and even ask for assistance from Brian throughout the semester and I ventured out of my comfort zone and asked for a blessing. I am confused and nervous and on the edge of my seat. The final was open book/open note comprehensive exam. One would think that it would help with the test taking and grading factor. I am here to report that no, it didn't help in ALL the ways I had hoped. We were given two hours to take an 20 question exam. NEVER in my life have I taken the full two hours (or alloted time) to finish an exam. And to top it all off, the last two questions...nothing. I tried to scribble stuff down on question 19 and question 20...well nothing. Totally left it blank.

I feel moderate to good about the other 18 questions. But is that enough? That is what is making me nervous. I need a C to pass this class, receive a diploma, be considered an Alumnus and move on with my life. My two midterms from this class were only C worthy (both of them). My only hope is that I can continue with the average, gain a C on the Final and be awarded a C for the class. Here's to wishful thinking.

Grades have to be in by next Tuesday and will be posted for viewing the following week. So hopefully by December 21st I will know my fate. I hope to have a Very MERRY Christmas. Fingers crossed!

No comments: